Saturday, December 01, 2007

My cards, didn't care about the price...

I have a yearly tradition. Every year on Thanksgiving, after I've stuffed myself full to the explosion point, I return home and plant my fat ass in front of the TV to watch the Dallas Cowboys game (which they won this year, thank you very much).

But in addition to that, it is at this time that i do my Christmas cards. This year I sent 42 of them.



The red envelopes are the "regular" cards, the ones that go to family, co-workers, friends, those sort of people. The white envelopes are the "gay" cards, usually with some funny cartoon, or half naked hot guy, or rainbow theme (or all of the above, if I can find it). These go to, obviously, my gay friends. And my friends who know I'm gay, and such.

Even though I filled them out last Thursday, the 22nd (Thanksgiving sure came early this year), I didn't mail them right away. I always mail them on November 30th or December 1st. That way, everyone gets my cards the first week in December. (oh you might not get a birthday or anniversary card from me until three month have passed, but I'm making damn sure you get your Christmas card three weeks before Christmas!) Why? I don't know. It's just something I started doing about ten to twleve years ago, i figured if I did them every Thanksgiving they'd get done in time. I suppose I should just do all my birthday cards for the coming year on thanksgiving as well, eh? Then they'd get thier cards month before the day, instead of months after.

As mailed them today, it occured to me just how far and wide I sent Christmas cards. Some go to local places, of course, but some go to Harrisburg, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Virginia, George, Michigan, California, Canada and even to England. Some of these people I only communicate with via Christmas cards, but still, to think i know people that far and while...well I found it a bit surprising.

POLT

Listening to "Hey You Rock Steady Crew" by The Rock Steady Crew

No comments: