Friday, December 14, 2007

Irritation building, and I'm close to fainting...

Today after work, I stopped by the grocery story for a few things. The place inside was a madhouse. There's a call for snow tomorrow, and that means everyone has to go into surivior mode and get thier bread, milk, and toilet paper in case they're snowed in. Pffft, fools. The only thing that made waiting in the obscenely long lines was Nigel, the very cute, almost pretty, young black guy, with nice guns sticking out under his shirt, running the register. But I digress...
As i parked, I noticed two of my biggest pet peeves. And I got a photo of both.


The red truck I'm parked next to is in the Handicapped spot. The two people that got out were older, say their 60's, but they weren't limping or using canes or what have you. And they did not have anything either hanging in or stickered on thier truck to indicate they were handicapped. So they just decided to ignore the opening a few spots down, and the fact they weren't handicapped (although possibly mentally, certainly courtesy0wise) and take the handicapped spot anyway. Rude.

Then, if you notice, in front of the store is parked a big black SUV with it's lights on. And it's in the well marked Fire Lane. This is one of the biggest for me. I wish the cops would just position themselves near the Fire Lanes in front of grocery store, I see it all the time, and ticket the lazy bastards that park there. They'd make a mint, considering how many times I've seen it done.

And no, putting your four way blinkers on does NOT make it all right. And no, even though you're only running in "for a second" does not make it right. And what gets me about this particular case, they were parked there before I parked. After doing my shopping, and waiting in the line, as I left, I saw they lady just then with the door open putting her stuff in. She was in there at LEAST 15 minutes! In that time, I'd have loved someone to come and just tow her. That would show her.

Why do people think they're so special, think they are exempt? It's a fire lane, and it means no parking. It doesn't mean temporary parking cause you're too lazy to look for a real spot or too lazy to haul your fat ass all the way from a real spot. It doesn't mean No Parking, unless you're in hurry and are only gonna be in there a short time. It means no parking. period.

Pisses me off. Wish I knew someone who owned a tow-truck...I'd be calling them all the time for cases such as these.

POLT

Listening to "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division

No comments: