Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm rough, like football or hockey...

Yesterday, after work, I went to see a professional hockey game. There were supposed to be about 16 of us, but 4 backed out for various reasons, so just the 12 of us went. We were all co-workers, except for the friend of one of the guys, who was a drunk, loud, obnoxious, redneck. What a joy THAT was to have ride the Metro into the city with his loud mouth going off on NASCAR and slopping hogs, commenting loudly on every attractive woman he saw, and how the city is such a "fucking cesspool" etc, etc, etc. And one guy brought his step son along, he was about 20 and very VERY easy on the eyes, and thank GOD he was there cause that was something to distract me from Loudmouth Redneck Guy.

The weather was kinda crappy during our travels to DC. It was cold, damp, rainy, foggy, just icky. Traffic was pretty bad too, although nowhere near as bad as the traffic leaving the city. thankfully I wasn't driving.

WE had no problems on the Metro getting there. And even finding or seats was easy (although finding the bathroom once we arrived was a surprising challenge). I got a "deli style" sub and a soda - $12 bucks. Later, since one of the guys had it and was raving about it, I got a large slice of square pepperoni pizza and a soda - $12.75. Crazy. The food was okay, but certainly not at all worth THAT much. the two "meals" cost me more that the $20 ticket I had to get into the place. CRAZY.

Once the game started, I at first had a slight problem. It was the New Jersey Devils playing at the Washington Capitols. Well, when the teams came out and started playing, one team was wearing deep red jerseys with black highlights and the other was wearing a red, white, and blue uniforms. Naturally I figured the red and balck team were the Devils and the red, white and blue team was the Caps. Um, no, not quite. I was rooting for the wrong team, the Devils. It didn't take long for a my friend to point out to me I was rooting for the wrong team. But after that little mishap, I was rooting for the right team, and I had a pretty good time. I got caught up in the cheering and the clapping and the celebrating and all that. It was a fun time.

And I was told the Caps are one of the worst teams in the league, and the Devils are doing pretty well, but yet, the Caps beat them 3-2, so that was a nice ending to the evening.

The Zambonis and the blimp!


The teams playing. (note the coloring of the uniforms...wouldn't you think the red team would be the Devils and the red, white and blue team would prepresent your nation's capitol?)

POLT

Listening to "Without You" from "Rent"

No comments: