Saturday, December 15, 2007

Keychains and snowstorms, the taste of your sweat...

Okay, so all week long, we've been hearing about this snowstorm coming our way this weekend. We were gonna get a foot of snow. Then we were gonna get less, but with some ice and sleet and stuff. And then just 1-3 inches of the icey stuff and snow later. But no one really knew.

I do not like driving in snow, and it's almost impossible to actually drive in icey stuff. SO I decided since I had to work today, I'd get to work early and get home before it all started in the morning (or late morning, or 1:00 pm, or later...they didn't say the same thing twice).

SO, somehow this morning, I got my fat ass up and out of bed at 4:30 am. I dropped a bill off in the mailbox, got some OJ and a breakfast sandwich from a convience store (cause not even McDonald's had breakfast at that early hour) and got to work. I got there by 5:30, much to astonishment of my co-workers...and frankly myself. And I was kinda busy all day, which is strange for a Saturday, but okay. I left at 1:30, thankful that I beat the bad weather and arrived home safely.

I figured once the bad stuff started I wouldn't want to go out of the house, so i went directly over to mom's, just to say hi. and talk to her a bit and stuff. And then we went to my grandma's house to put the plastic over the outside furniture she has on her patio. And we came back and I sat there and talked with mom for a bit, returning home here about 5:30pm.

And now, here it is, 8:45 pm, and looking out the window, I see...nothing! No snow, sleet, freezing rain, ice, rain, nothing! I suppose it passed up by!!!

Christ, I could have gotten a few more hours sleep...how much does it SUCK that I got up that early for NOTHING?!?!?!?!?

UPDATE: It's not 10:15, and it's been sleeting/raining/icing/whatever for about a half hour. It's kinda crappy looking outside, but at least it's not a foot of snow. Course, I still didn't have to get up as early as I did!

POLT

Listening to "All Things" by Wildlife

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here Polt, the weatherman said Snow and ice and freezing rain then back to snow. We got a half inch of snow early then it turned to rain and is still raining. I see they've lifted the Winter Storm Watch for this area now. Ed

Truthspew said...

The crap started here at around 2AM. I woke up around 10AM this morning and looked out to see all my nicely shoveled paths covered with another 6 or so inches of snow. Grrrr.

This time I just cleared the front stairs and sidewalk. Salted em' down so nothing is going to freeze there.

It's raining now, which means as temps drop overnight it's all going to be ice. We haven't seen the brutal winds yet.

Anonymous said...

Where I live it snows and sleets so rarely that everything stops when it does. An inch of snow and they close the schools etc. It is funny.

Onanite