Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fashion and friends come and go, everyone travels that road...

One other thing I was thinking (maybe I'm thinking too much lately) is about friends.

Since AJ died in mid-February, I've been inundated with new friends.

First, there's Bob, Don, and Janet, the three people AJ was staying with. I've been up there three times so far, and had a blast each time. In May we're going to DC. And in September, I'll maybe be going with them to the Outer Banks.

There's my buddy Corey. I knew him before February, but I wouldn't have called him a friend. But in the last few weeks, we've hung out twice and are planning on doing it again later this week.

There's the Goddess V, Virginia. I didn't even know her prior to starting my ex-Borders employees group on Facebook. And I hadn't met her in person prior to mid-March. And then last weekend, we had an awesome evening together, and plan on having more!

And there's two guys I've been hanging out with through my buddy Ryan: Tim and Dan. What great guys. And we have such similiar interests in games, comic books, and such.

And none of these did I know well, would I have considered a friend even two months ago.

I mean, friends constantly come and go. Some become friends forever, some for years, some for just as long as you're in a situation together. And friends drift apart, or fight, or move apart, or change interests, and slowly (or quickly) end their relationship.

But apart from starting a new job, I've never become friend with so many people in such a short time. And even at a new job, you don't become best buddies with everyone right off, ya know?

Seven new GREAT friends in less than seven weeks! Man, how lucky AM I???

POLT Listening to "Hungry Like The Wolf"

It's the perfect time of year, someplace far away from here. Everything's alright I guess, considering everything's a mess. - Barenaked Ladies, Pinch Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really make friends that easily. I'm a bit suspicious of most people.

But here's what I'm finding out. I got to political things and I get hugged, etc. I know LOTS of people through the political side.

I was telling Keyron today that I'm getting something of a harbinger that my future lay in politics. Not in elected office mind you, but officialdom.

Anonymous said...

I think this shows that you must be a really good guy.

Anonymous said...

My partner says he wishes you lived closer, you would be a great friend and I agree.

Onanite