Monday, April 13, 2009

A legend in my own mind, she's the goddess...

So as I may have already mentioned, this past Saturday I had a simply enchanting date with the captivating Goddess V, Miss Virginia!

After I got off work, I went to Borders and wandered around, eventually getting four books. Then at 5:00, Miss V showed up. We wandered the store, talking about our experiences there, doing a smidge of straightening of the books (compulsive book straighteners, we!), and then took a few photos including Miss V climbing a ladder, and me with a book (I sure hope you don't need to be a member of Facebook to view these). We thought of trying to find a way to get a photo of her standing on the Info desk...but that woulda probably gotten us kicked out so we didn't.

After our hijinks there, we went a restuarant in downtown Hagerstown called Bulls&Bears. It was pretty sweet and trendy decor, especially for Hagerstown, of all places! the food was outstanding too. And our waiter, Justin, was just too cute for words (although Miss V thought he looked like Nicholas Cage, I knew he was much cuter than that). We shared a plate of nachoes, I had Bolognese which was quite tasty, and Miss V had some sort of salad. We also had our fair share of beers, but neither of us got shitfaced.

And we talked. OH, did we talk! About Borders, about my job, about her upcoming show, about why she left Borders, about The Mighty Lee, about the restaurant, about my sex life, about Toronto, about her brother and his boyfriend, about cute Asians, about Torontoian sexcapades, about her need of a bike, about her apartment, about life in Frederick, Maryland, about past Borders co-workers, about graphic novels, about Asian films, about life on Long Island, about life in Michigan, about so many other things that I can't recall.

Eventually, we tied up Justin's table for like three hours. I gave him a nice ten dollar tip, about 25%, not only for getting our orders right, keeping our drinks filled, and for tying up his table for three hours, but cause he was jsut so darn cute as well.

But Miss V and I were there also to listen to our friends' band. So we moved to the bar, got another beer, and continued talking. About cute Europeans, about cute guys in the bar, about punching a chick behind Miss V in the throat, about beer, about thin guys which we may or may not like, about tall guys which we may or may not like, about the guy across the bar in the glasses which we didn't like, about Frederick again, about traveling through Frederick, about Barnes and Noble, about astrological signs, about the Washington Blade, about wives of ex-coworkers, about music on our iPods, about Facebook, about John Waters, about living single, about Mama Polt, about dogs, about things we're going to do in the future. And that again is all I can recall.

The music started at 9:00, and I gotta say, which Ron can play the Mandolin VERY well, and Dalton can sing and play the guitar well enough, it just wasn't something I was really into. Well, except when they played "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M., that one I could get into. But she and I were both pretty tired, so we left about 9:50, went to our cars, hugged and left.

And I frankly can NOT wait until we can do it again.

Oh, and of course, i got a few photos:

This is Miss V and I in Borders. (she's standing on a stool, that's why we look so similar in height)

This was a cute guy in Borders. And how pissed off was I that I forgot I had my camera when I was wandering around looking forbooks. There were tons of cute guys then! When I had my camera out, this was the only one I found.

This is the men's room in Bulls And Bears! Pretty fancy-schmancy! I was impressed. Well, impressed enough to take a photo, at any rate.

This is our table packed full of deliciousness!

And this is my view from were I was sitting. Yeah, they placed us in a corner (I suppose they heard we were coming and put in us safely away from the normal patrons), but the view was really pretty darn good, again, considering this is Hagerstown!

And that's all I took, cause I was just so wrapped up in Miss V and our conversation, I plainly forgot to take other photos. Next time, I shall try to have more!

POLT Listening to "Moving In Stereo" by The Cars

"I'm pre-orgasmic." "Does that mean you're about to have one?" - Jamie, Shortbus

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pic of you with Sex for Dummies if funny. Made me laugh.

So do spill more about Trawna.

Anonymous said...

wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. I need a date like that. Thanks for sharing.

Onanite

Stephen R. said...

Sounds like a blast! Did you get that shaved headed boy's phone number? Cute, cute, CUTE!!! :)

Polt said...

For whatever reason, the lovely Miss V couldn't post a comment here, so I'm copying the one she left on Facebook:

"That laundry list comprises pert near everything we discussed ~ even in passing. Your mind is a steel trap! I tried to post a comment on your blog but couldn't for some glitchy reason. I meant to say that I feel positively famous! And that cute guys can always be found in the martial arts section."