Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I remember playing the games, funny nicknames...

I was thinking of something at work today. I have nicknames for a lot of the females working there: Beccaberry, Debbilicious, Shannontastic, Amberrific, Lil Mary, Laura Lou, Brenda May, Miss Kay, The Lovely Ms. B, so on and so forth.

I have no realy nicknames for most of the guys I work with, I just called by their titles, last names, or more rarely, first names.

I've also noticed most of the females at work call me by my first name.

But the guys I work with have tons of nicknames for me. My last name is Shockey, and most of them play off of that: Shockey, Shock, Shock The Monkey, Shockarelli, Shockulufugus, Shockmeister, Shockman, Shockemon, Shockolupugus, Shockster.

I just wonder, is this usual? I mean, that I have names for the girls, but they use my given names, and I only use the guys' given names, but they all have nicknames for me.

Or am I just dwelling on this too much?

POLT Listening to "Save It For Later" by English Beat

It's galling to see Jesus reduced to a GOP shill, wrapped in a flag and used as a prop to advance a conservative agenda. Which, by the way, stand the Bible on it's head. - Leonard Pitts, Nov. 11, 2004

4 comments:

john said...

Shock the Monkey is AWESOME! May I submit for your approval: Shocktastic, Shockasaurus Rex (you could use this one in Toronto...) and if you ever drive a station wagon, Shockermom.

I think you are dwelling on it too much. I have one of the most boring names ever and I've never had a nick name. Though, most people tend to call me by my first and last name rather than just the first.

Michelle M. said...

I like Shockalockadingdong.

Polt said...

Oh, Michelle M., I forgot that one! yeah, I get that one too. :)

HUGS...

john said...

Good one Michelle!