Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Post from the road Part 6...

well, we're back in the states now, in Bradford PA. Have a 5 hour drive home tomorrow and then the whole thing is over. But what an awesome time! Details and photos forthcoming.

But for now, I wanted to thank all of my guest posters: Dave S., Craiggers, Tam, Heather & TwoPi, Michelle M., and Enrickyricardo. All of your posts were roundly funny and entertaining. In fact, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make of the fact that all of my guest posts got more comments than most of the ones I put up. But I'll try not to dwell on that too much.

My sunburn's doing better, although I'm peeling like 100 year old wallpaper in a deserted house. Course, I always was a bit flaky on the inside, now it just shows on the outside as well.

I want to thank Tam (who I knows will read this) and Ed (who might, since I just gave him the address), and Enrique (who I know wont) for all the fun I had with each of you. You're all incredible people, and I can not WAIT to see you again!

Miss Cleo weathered the trip quite well (and I probably shouldn't write that, since we still have the whole state of Pennsylvania to get across tomorrow), despite me running her up onto a curb on Thursday evening, and getting rearended by a guy who drifted into her while we were waiting for customs. No damage from either incident.

My hips, thighs, knees and calves are no longer hurting, they seemed to have adjusted to the increased walking I did. I swear to you, I did more walking in one day in Toronto than I do in a month, or certainly a week, here at home. I only took the subway twice, other than that, all the walking I did to the lake, around the islands, wandering Queen Street looking for a comic store, the hour and a half walk with Ed, and everyplace else I went alone or with Michelle was on foot.

Michelle had a great time as well. She thoroughly enjoyed herself, and hanging with Tam, and meeting Ed, and the food and the sights and everything.

I took a whole HORDE of photos that I'll be posting once I get home and can find the time to post about it. Gotta go to work Friday, and I have so much crap to catch up on there, and at home. But I'll find the time somehow.

Honestly, I'm sad to not be in Toronto anymore, but I'm not overly upset or depressed or anything. I just think to myself, what else do I want to do up there that I haven't done (what, NOT whom). I've done everything I set out to do. So with my goals completed, it's time to return.

Oh, and the final tally? Twenty tallies, twice two at once, one twice, and one....sigh....named Enrique.

I'll post again soon...

POLT

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time, cool. I am glad. Waiting for the pics.

Onanite

Tam said...

Polt's in looooovvve. ;-)

Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and the peeling stops soon. It was a fun trip for me too.

Anonymous said...

Tallies? Is this what I'm thinking? If so, props to you!

So glad you had a fantasmic getaway...

john said...

If Polt isn't in love, and I have to say, it sounds like he is, then he is definitely in lust.

Glad you had what sounds like a fantastic time. Best wishes for a safe trip home.

hoteltuesday said...

Must be love. I think he's always in lust.

But it's probably just because Enrique's name is so similar to mine....

Tam said...

Enrico: You made me laugh out loud in my office. And I think you are right. :-)

Michelle M. said...

Enrico - me too.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us - even though every time I read about Michelle I was sad that it wasn't me that was you travel companion : ).

Polt said...

People, people, people, weren't you paying attention? I was in lust twenty time up there! :)

It's not so much love as it is...infatuation. I'll go into more detail later.

But thanks for you comments anyway. :)

HUGS...