Friday, April 24, 2009

Post from the road, part 2...

Hello from Toronto!

We had a pretty easy ride, even the parts that are normally stressing, weren't. Michelle is possibly my good luck charm.

We got here a little after two in the afternoon. Our room is on the sixth floor, which means we don't have a great view out our window, can't see the lake or much of the tower. but then again, ANY view out of a window that includes Toronto in it is a FABulous view.

We exchanged our money (what a ripoff...like only $1.20 Canadian for every dollar. The first time I came here in 1997, we got like $1.67 Canadian for every dollar!), and then took about an hour walk through town, up and down the main drag (Yonge Street), and through the gay ghetto of Church Street.

After returning to the hotel room for a short time, I went back out to....check out the scene (if you know what I mean), and for those keeping score, the tally already is three. (God, I LOVE this town!)

My cute Asian friend Ed called and he was going to come by 9:00, but we didn't leave to go eat until 7:00 and we had to wait and it didn't look like we were going to get done by 9:00. And plus I was feeling rather tired, so I wanted to get to bed somewhat early instead of being out late. So I called him, and he might go with us Sunday evening. Can't wait to hang out with him. Can't wait to go...check out the scene again.

Alright going to bed now. Everyone have fun. And I'll post again soon...eh?

POLT

3 comments:

Stephen R. said...

Have a great time and safe travel, cute man.

Tam said...

You NEVER got $1.67 for your dollar. You wish. $1.35 maybe. :-) If you'd come last year you would have gotten .97. Its horrible this year, for me anyway.

Dave S. said...

I'm confused. Is "checking out the scene" a euphemism for going to church or joining in a gospel choir?