Saturday, September 15, 2007

Before his first step...he is off again...

I've taken several walks around the town I live in recently, and I noticed that we seem to have a lot of what I call "Doors To Nowhere." These are doors the open into nothing. And in some cases, there's quite a drop on the other side.

I don't know why my particular town seems to have so many, but here are 5 photos I took on ONE recent walk.





Gotta watch the first step, it's a doozy.

POLT Oil: 79.10 (-); Gas: 2.69 (-)

Sorry seems to be the hardest word. - Elton John

2 comments:

Sexy Duet said...

That is so weird, I have never seen anything like it - is there a reason that your town has these doors, some story behind it?

Ms SD

Bunny said...

I noticed that this phenomena is more common the closer to the east coast one is. Perhaps it has to do with abundance of older homes and the fact that their uses have changed over time. I just don't know. I always wonder what the story is behind the doors to nowhere as well.