Thursday, September 20, 2007

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 97)....

It's time once more for....



Okay, kiddies, today's HNT comes with a bit of a warning for you all. Everyone's used Saran Wrap, or things like it, before right? Very handy for wrapping up sandwiches, or leftovers, and such. An essential in the kitchen, I'd say.

WELL, be careful, cause it can also be deadly. Or, if you don't want to be so melodramatic, how about painful?

A few weeks ago, I was in the process of preparing a meal for lunch at work. I already had the chips in the Ziploc, and I had put the apple in the bag as well. I had toasted the two slices of bread, put the mayo on one, the cheese on the other, and several ham slices in between them. The sandwich was quite delicatable looking, and ready to be wrapped for later consumption.

With my right hand, I gripped the Saran Wrap and pulled a suitable portion off. Then I pulled the wrap across those sharp little shark's teeth they have on the side of the box to make tearing it easy. Pffft, yeah, easy, right!

Well the wrap suddenly tore, and the box slid up my arm. Which was fine in and of itself. BUT the nasty, sharp, little killer shark teeth there sliced right into my arm.

Oh it hurt. And it bled. I thought I'd pass out. And once the moment of melodrama ended, I looked at the cut, swore a bit, and then washed it off. I didn't put a band-aid on it, cause, well, look at all that hair! Imagine the pain in trying to rip it off!!!



Anyway, I'm just warning you all to watch out for those little teeth, they're not as harmless as they first appear to be.

To see what other people did for HNT click the HNT button in my sidebar.

POLT

Men are like snack foods, we always crave the ones that are bad for us.

19 comments:

techymike said...

Ouch! I've been there before, and those teeth sure do hurt! Consider this a learning experience!

Happy HNT! Arrrrrrr!
(Oh...pirates and dental hygiene don't mix! Come to think of it, we avoid all types of hygiene!!!)

Bsoholic said...

Ouch! I am no stranger to wounds for sure. I've had my share of cuts, scratches and burns. You'd think I would be more careful... you'd think.

haha, happy HNT

Snow White said...

Yeah, teeth can be dangerous! Gotta be careful out there. Happy HNT!

~d said...

kitchen wounds are the flippin worse!
Happy HNT!

Bad Bad Girl said...

Yeouch!!! I hope the sandwich was worth it. *kisses

S said...

Aww Polt I hate saran wrap boxes they are the worst!
Ok so I am left handed and those cutters do NOT work for left handed people because of the way the blade is slanted ok...so I have to think everytime, "how would a right handed person hold this?" If I do it like a right handed person it cuts, but even then, the saran wrap gets all stuck to itsself and what a mess!

Who invented that shit anyway?

Speaking of inventions, they ought amake special bandaids for fuzzies like you!
HHNT Polt, I hope the owey doesnt hurnt anymore, and BTW guess what Im wearing right now?

Hint: O 0 . o 0 . 0 0 O oO o....LOL

Blissfully Wed said...

Ouch. I try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible. It's dangerous in there!

Anonymous said...

Saran wrap drives me crazy whenever I have to use it, because like Susie I am left-handed and these cutters are definitely not made for left-handed people... apparently not for right-handed people either.

Hope it heals fast!

Happy HNT!

Shibari said...

ouchie...
HHNT luv...
xoxo

rob said...

Hope it heals

Lapis Ruber said...

A cautionary tale! Happy HNT

~d said...

(I have been about 6 minutes behind you on the past 5 or 6 comments!) Just thought I would pass back thru. Everywhere I have been it is you...and then it is (me).
(Neosporin, yo)

lime said...

ouch1 i've done that too. those things are wicked. and i don't blame youfor not wanting more pain from a bandaid.

HHNT

tkkerouac said...

OUCH...worse than a paper cut,
HHNT!
I was kindof hoping you'd be wrapped in saran wrap though.

Lil Bit said...

Yowza... who knew Saran Wrap could BITE ya? LOL
Happy Healing & HHNT! =)

exile said...

little teeth are sharp teeth, yet we always forget

Anonymous said...

Those things are evil. I'm surprised they haven't been sued over them. HHNT!

BirdMadGirl said...

Such a tease... here I thought the pic was going to be you wrapped up in the Saran ;) Oh well - no matter, I'm a girl that's fond of gore as well. (No, not Al Gore).
Happy Friday!
xoxox

Sexy Duet said...

I have cut myself on the Glad Wrap box many a time. Here you can buy a little gadget that attaches to the box and has a slide cutter so you dont have to use the little teeth.

Happy belated HNT!

Ms SD