Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Well I was eating lunch at the D. L. G....

The lunchroom where I work is quite small. It fills up quickly. Plus, while I eat my lunch, I like to read the morning newspaper, just to catch up on things. So, I normally get my lunch to go from the cafeteria and eat it in my office. Which works well for me.

But recently, three times actually, the latest just today, a co-worker of mine comes into my office and talks to me. With my food in front of me and the paper spread out on my desk. And she comes to talk about WORK THINGS! It just infuriates me. It takes everything I have not to scream at her about it.

Today, when I got back from getting my food, I saw I had an email waiting. I opened it, and it was from her concerning some medical insurance issues (they changed ours here at work recently, and she and i go to the same doctor, so she asks me stuff). I answer the email, then spread out the paper and started to eat.

Not more than 5 minutes into the meal, she comes into my office. She SEES me shoving a hot dog and fries into my mouth, but still starts talking. She tells me she sent an email and wanted to know if I got it. I told her I had and had in fact replied to it. THEN...oh THEN....she stands there and reiterates everything she had said in the email. Almost verbatum. AFTER I had already told her that I read it and replied. Honestly, I wanted to yell at her.

(I didn't because she needs to be handled in a certain way that I've gotten used to over the 11 years that I been here. But I've had several co-workers tell me I need hazard pay for dealing with her. Some have said they don't know how I don't just reach out and throttle her. And one told me if he had to deal with her like I do, he'd have put a yellow highlighter between her eyes years ago!)

Instead, I simply told her, "Co-Worker, I already said I answered the email. It should be waiting for you right now. In your computer. IN your office." She took the hint, thanked me and left.

But why should I HAVE to hint? She wouldn't come into the lunchroom and start talking to me about work! Oh, it just frustrates me to the point of pissing me off. I think maybe I'll make up some sign and hang it from the front of my desk when I'm eating there. Maybe she'd pick up on that. Course, with my luck, she'd just come in and start talking about the sign.

POLT

Never buy any kind of tape at the Dollar Store. It will always vex you later. - Tornwordo

1 comment:

BirdMadGirl said...

I would have purposely responded to her incoherently with a mouth full of lunch to the point bits and pieces were falling out of my mouth onto the desk. Maybe have some mustard smeared across my cheek... yeah. People are so rude.

But really Polt, a hotdog? Ewwwww ;)
xox