Thursday, September 13, 2007

Robert E. Lee,and I don't mind chopping wood...

I mentioned earlier, that they cut my parents's tree down this week. Well something had to be done with all that wood. My parents have a woodstove that they heat with over the winter, and of course, they wanted to use it for that. But that meant getting the wood, from the from of the house where the tree had been, to the back of the house where they stacked there wood. And with dad being so weak from his chemo, he couldn't do anything. So, that left it up to Mama Polt and me!

Oh yeah, like there's nothing wrong with this idea at all.

Suprisingly, not too much went wrong. The only bad part was, there's a cab on the truck, and there's a lid on the back over the tailgate. That does not stay up on it's own anymore, and has to be propped up. And of course, over the course of this adventure, we knocked the prop out and it hit her in the head four times, and me three times. Luckily, it's not heavy at all.

The downside for me now is...I am freaking sore! My upper back, my shoulders, my arms, and my thighs are all sore from this. Course, when you've got the energy level of a comatose slug, I guess it's not surprising that happens.

Anyways, I know noone would believe without proof, so I had mom take a photo, just to prove it.


Not the disgusting work gloves, ew. And even though you can't really see it, that is indeed a purple bandana wrapped around my forehead. After we were done stacking it, the back of the truck had to be swept out, and that cap doesn't rise so high and it's a bit of a tight squeeze for me, so mom crawled in to sweep it out...and of course with a camera handy I had to preserve the moment:


She was happy I at least did not get her face in the photo as well.

Now, I'm off for some Advil and then to bed. I can already hear my muscles stiffening up on me...gonna be some pain tomorrow.

POLT Oil: 79.86 (+.15); Gas: 2.67 (-)

Enough of this maudlin stuff. Who wants to help me interrogate a quadriplegic alien messiah? - Nick Fury, Ultimate Extinction #4

2 comments:

exile said...

man polt, you really know how to work some wood

Bunny said...

I'm sure your mom LOVES that her ass is on display for the world to see.

I greatly enjoy seeing a man working hard. Keep that Advil bottle handy, you're going to need it!

Have a great weekend - *muah*!