Monday, April 28, 2008

Freaks, demanding refunds for the things they've seen...

I must have done the math correctly on my Federal taxes, cause today, three weeks after I sent the return in, I got a check for eleven hundred and some odd dollars. Crazy. I thought for sure I had done something wrong, as I can't believe I'm getting that much back. But I guess it was right. And I already deposited it in my account. Sure is nice to have some money stocked away. Just a few years ago, I was doing the paycheck to paycheck thing, paying bill on Tuesday, ending up negative in my checking with like $75 in my savings, and heaving a sigh of relief, cause I knew I was getting paid on Thursday and none of the checks I just wrote would clear before then, so i was safe for another week.

Plenty of money in my checking account, double that in my savings account, zero balance on my credits cards (all three of them), and I'll have my car paid off this December, maybe before with all this extra money I've now got.

What WILL I do being so flush? This is quite unusual for me, first time in my 40 years I've been this well off.

POLT Listening to "Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy

Appearance and reality are two different things. Consider who's in the White House. - Batman, Batman Family #8

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being so flush with money. It is hard to do now days. You can always send some to a favorite charity ..... ME :)

Anonymous said...

Can you say..."thanks, mama polt!"?

Furry Godfather.

Polt said...

I can say "Thanks, Mama Polt". And do so quite often, actually.

HUGS...