Sunday, April 20, 2008

You made my day, you came my way...

This morning, I managed to get up in time to wash my dishes, remove a lot of the unnessecary reading material stacked in the bathroom, shower and dress in time for the cleaning lady to get here. It was good I didn't dawdle, as the cleaning lady (whom I'll hereon out call Lisa because 1. it's shorter than typing 'cleaning lady' all the time, and 2. it's her name) got here a half hour early.

I showed her the kitchen and bathroom. She said it was no big deal, wouldn't be difficult at all. All she wanted was $45 for both rooms total! No way was that enough. She wouldn't let me give her anything more than $50 though. So that's what I paid her.

We headed out to the Dollar Store to buy some bleach and other cleaning stuff, which I of course paid for. Then, as it was lunchtime, I drove through Burger King for a meal. I offered to buy her something too, but she declined.

We got back here slightly after noon, and she started cleaning right away. I stayed out of her way, at first eating in the dining room, then getting on the computer in the living room. She kept asking me all kinds of stuff, yelling it out of the kitchen. Things like: why i had this or that thing? Why I had all my mugs on the counter? Why I had some glasses in a drawer? How I burnt a paper plate in the microwave? And why was it still in the microwave? And what had exploded inside the mircowave? Or what several things had exploded inside? And did I know because of all the dust behind my fridge, there was a burn mark on the floor that could have led to a fire possibly? Why did I keep a vacuum cleaner in my pantry if it didn't work and I had a new one still in the box in the truck of my car? And why was it STILL in the trunk of my car? And why did I have two mops in the pantry when i told her I didn't think I had ANY mops? Yeah, she was just packed full of questions.

At one point, I laid on the couch and read a book, but I nodded off. I woke up as she was on he way through the living room, back to the kitchen from using the bathroom. And she was giggling. I probably was snoring. I just laughed and told her it was exhausting watching her work.

But my GOD did she do an outstanding job! I mean, I just expected her to clean, but in addition, she reorganized things, and moved some stuff around. Not really my cabinets, but I had things on plastic shelves, and on the microwave stand, and in the pantry and atop the fridge that all were just kinda....there. And she reorganized things...now I have a very organized pantry and shelves and everything. I had no idea it could even LOOK like that! About 2:10 or so, she started on the bathroom. I just stayed entirely out of her way.

Then, at 3:00, Danny showed up. I had really thought she would be done by then, but oh well. We sat on the couch, well out of her way, and cuddled and talked. He laid his head back onto my chest and laid on the couch while I sat behing him and we had ours arms entwined. We kissed occasionally, but not as she was walking through the living room. I mean, she knows I'm gay, I don't care that she sees me with Danny. But I thought it would be...disrespectful for us to be making out all over each other while she's here. I mean it would be the same if she and her boyfriend (my friend AJ) were macking all over each other while I was at their place ya know? She did walk through once and giggle and say, "You guys are so cute."

She finished up and left about 3:40. I think she was rushing, but really, she wasn't intruding on anything. Well, she was, but it wasn't anything that couldn't wait. Nonetheless, I introduced them quickly before she left, and then she was out the door! And the making out and stuff commenced.

It's not a bit after 9:00pm, and I've just walked though my house; through the kitchen I barely recognize; through the bathroom that's not been cleaner probably since I moved in. Smell waft about me: bleach; another cleaner she used; Danny's cologne; our sweat; the scented candles I have burning. Outside it is dark, and raining lightly, as it's been all day.

(oh, almost forgot, while she was cleaning, Danny and I both talked about how we like rainy days, and we both like thunder if we're with someone to hold, and right after Lisa left, I locked the door, went right back to the couch, kinda straddled him as he lay there and leaned in to kiss him...and there was a burst of thunder...the first I'd heard since he got here. We both laughed. Then kissed)

All the sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and touches I have had today have made for quite a very interesting batch of memories, that I'll not soon forget. And a damn good day all around.

POLT Listening to "La Vie Boheme" form the Rent Soundtrack

You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight. - Barry Goldwater

2 comments:

Stephen R. said...

Why, oh why doesn't this woman live in Chicago?!?! I would pay her $50 and marry her for cleaning my bathroom and kitchen. Sounds so great!

tornwordo said...

Sounds like an awesome cleaning lady. And a great day of memories.