Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm the cleaning woman, i'm here...mess...

Last night, I cleaned my toilet and my sink. With the scrubbing bubbles, and gloves one, and glass cleaner (for the mirror), and a general cleaner. And I was going to try the tub…until I actually looked at the tub. And then I gave up on that idea. It’s beyond me. It would probably be easier to buy and install a new tub than it would be to clean this one. At least for me.

Then I remembered something. I was at the house of a buddy of mine, AJ, a few weeks ago. I was talking to his girlfriend and she mentioned that she cleans this apartment for this old guy, who has a cat and the guy can’t bend over and the cat shits everywhere and he can’t clean it up so it sits there and so on and so forth. The story really has nothing to do with my story. My point here is that, in addition to her regular job, she cleans someone’s apartment! Just what I need!

It so happened that AJ called me last night before I could call him. After he and I talked a bit, I explained what I wanted and he had me talk to his girlfriend, Lisa. So this is the deal: this Sunday at noon, she’s gonna show up here. I only want her to clean my kitchen and bathroom. She’s gonna look at them, figure out how much she wants to clean them. Then we’ll go, and I’ll buy, all the stuff she needs to clean them that I don’t have. And then, she’ll clean my kitchen and bathroom! And, assuming it goes well, I’m gonna have her clean it every other week, just the kitchen and bathroom. Obviously, the initial time I expect to pay her a lot for the mess, but once she starts, and if she keeps up with it, then I shouldn’t have to pay her as much every other week.

She made a fuss about only cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, why didn’t I want her to clean to whole apartment? Why walk out of a clean kitchen into a scrungy living room, she asked.

I told her in my apartment you walk out of the kitchen into the dining room, but in addition, I can deal with clutter and dustiness. My concern is fungus and other things that may be growing in both the kitchen and the bathroom. So I’m gonna have her clean them.

And not only do I get a clean, bathroom and kitchen, but she gets a little extra cash, which I like helping them cause AJ and Lisa have two kids and they just moved into their own place and things are a bit tight for them right now. Every little bit will help.

It’s a win/win situation!

POLT Listening to the quiet of my office Oil: 114.83 (+.94); Gas: 3.39 (+.02)

To be upset about what you don't have is to waste what you do have. - Ken Reyes, JR

3 comments:

Stephen R. said...

If she can travel to Chicago, she's hired! Sounds like a great arrangement.

Bunny said...

I used to have someone who cleaned my kitchen, bathrooms, and dusted and cleaned the floors in the living room and dining room. It was wonderful. I miss that.

I finally found something that gets off soap scum better than any cleaner I ever tried: a razor scraper. Scraped off the scum in long, thin strips. Now if I can just keep it clean while I try to sell the house . . .

Blissfully Wed said...

One of my best non-sexual fantasies would be to have someone come and clean up my apartment every week or so. What a great thing that would be. ;)