Sunday, April 27, 2008

Never did i find a nest for my soul...

Around Easter, mom hung an "Easter wreath" on the front door. It was a wreath with all kinda of spring flowers on it. Two after Easter, mom noticed a bird had made a nest in the wreath, and was now living there. Luckily, we don't use the front door, we use the back door at the side of the house. But every time someone walks by the front porch to get to the back door, the bird flies out and waits on some wires nearby until it's safe to returns.

Not too long after discovering the nest, we discovered that there were 5 eggs inside it. We both thought this funny, that mom's Easter wreath was now going to be ahome for 5 little birdlings.

Today, when i was over there, I saw the bird fly away. I have been meaning to get a photo of it to post about here. When I went to do so, i noticed there were some chicks in the nest! There were three of them, and two as yet unhatched eggs. I took a photo the best I could, but becuase of the flash and the angle I had to get, it didn't come out too well.



Maybe you can see the remaining eggs and the three chicks? Maybe you can't...I should try to get a better shot.

I know this goes on all the time, but this it really the first time I've ever gotten to SEE it happen, monitor the progress. I suppose very soon we'll hear a bunch of squeeks from the chicks. It all just makes me smile. The smiple things, the things you take for granted, are sometimes, when you stop taking them for granted and actually take time to watch them, well, they seem pretty miraculous.

POLT Listening to "Dirty Day" by U2

No dating for Batman. Cuts into the brooding time. - Wonder Woman, Justice League Unlimited

No comments: