Thursday, July 03, 2008

If my friends could see me, riding atop a big bird...

I got a call from my friend AJ last night:

Polt: Hello?
AJ: Dude! Whatcha doin?
Polt: Nothing. You?
AJ: (laughing) just got back from the Greencastle Animal Auction. I bought a peacock, dude!
Polt: You did WHAT?
AJ: Bought a peacock! (more laughter)
Polt: A PEACOCK? You bought a peacock????
AJ: Yeah, a peacock! (laughing) You wanna come pet my cock? Wanna play with my cock?
Polt: You can't a get peacock up there! They sell like cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, that sorta stuff.
AJ: They were selling a peacock tonight, dude! (laughter) It's a big one too. I always wanted a big cock.
Polt: ......Are you drunk?
AJ: Nah, man! Haven't had a drink all day. (laughter)
Polt: A peacock....you're kidding...
AJ: No, man, I'm seriously! He's in the back of the truck right now.
Polt: ....a peacock.....
AJ: Hey, man, got a question for ya.
Polt: yeah?
AJ: What do you feed a peacock?
Polt: How the hell would I know?
AJ: (laughter)

He wasn't drunk. Or high. And they DID have a peacock at the livestock auction. And he DID buy it. Can you imagine. However, what he didn't tell me is that he got it as a gift for a friend of his. A friend who was along with him at the time. And that friend has a farm nearby, whereon he as two alpacas, several sheep, a goat, four dogs, several ducks living in his pond, and blind cat with only one tooth. And the peacock's going to live there with the rest of the menagerie.

But seriously, I don't know what's stranger: someone wanting to buy a peacock, or someone actually having one to sell!

POLT Listening to Mozart Piano Concerto #21 Oil: 145.45 (+1.39); Gas: 3.98 (-.01)

"What you don't understand is inside me is a thin person screaming to get out!" "Just the one, dear?" - Mother, Absolutely Fabulous

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

It is pretty funny to be able to talk about one's cock that way. What a fun addition to a little farmy place. I would think they eat bird seed.