Thursday, July 10, 2008

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 117)...

Once more, kids, it's time for....


This past week, as I'm sure most of you know, was Independence Day. July 4th fell on a Friday this year. My town had it's annual July 4th Parade. Not anywhere near as impressive as the Memorial Day parade (school's still in then, so we get some bands. Not so much on July 4th), nor anywhere near as festive as the Christmas Parade in late November (that one brings Santa Claus to town. Very festive indeed), but a parade nonetheless.

I went to it with my family, as we always do. Unfortunately, I have no parts of the actual parade to post for, as I may have mentioned, it's really not all that much of a parade. Just a bunch of fire trucks and such.

Nonetheless, in honor of the occasion, I dressed appropriately, and I took a photo of that.



Red shirt, blue denim shorts, white socks and sneakers, we'll be ignoring the hairy, whale-underbelly paleness that is my lower leg, thank you very much. Couldn'ta been more patriotically dressed if I had had a United States flag wrapped around my shoulders as a cape. ...well, that might have more patriotic, but it also would have been more idiotic, so we'll just keep it as it was above.

To see what other's posted this week, visit Osbasso.

POLT Listening to "Bad" by U2

Does my hair look like one of the seagulls from the Exxon Valdez spill? - Monty, It's My Party

13 comments:

MarcelloNYC said...

Happy belated 4th to you and a HHNT!

Kittie Kate said...

Happy belated 4th of July and Happy HNT!

Vixen said...

It's important to dress appropriately ;)

Happy belated 4th! ...and HNT, lol

S said...

Well that was rightly small townish of ya to dress for the occaision!


HHNT Polty!

Bunny said...

Such nice clean shoes!

HHNT!

Lapis Ruber said...

Nothing wrong with being patriotic and dressing to show it. Happy HNT.

Anonymous said...

Want to know the interesting part? The oldest July 4th parade happens not far from me in Bristol, RI.

I've never seen the parade, ever. Oh I've worked the parade route handing out political literature, buttons, and stickers. But I never saw the parade.

They also canceled the fireworks display in Providence due to fire concerns. Funny that they never had that problem before but next year they're planning to put it on a barge in the Providence river.

So this year I spent the weekend down by the water in East Greenwich, RI. And one of the people in the neighborhood put on a nice little fireworks show.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eOldnKQNyEU

Jason said...

happy belated 4th, one day closer to no Bush for you guys, lol

JW said...

Happy (very belated) July 4th. I must say, I sometimes envy America for the way it takes this celebration of nationhood and freedom so seriously. Over here in the UK, and in England particularly, it's just not the same.

Happy HNT, sir!

Baby said...

Happy Belated Independence Day!!!!! Like the patriotic color scheme too! HHNT!!!!

Unknown said...

One sexy shoe, that is.

Anonymous said...

I like pictures of fire trucks. :)
Glad you had a good 4th!

Onanite

Moosekahl said...

I went to a small town in northern wisconsin and ended up IN the parade. Wasn't much but it was fun. Happy HNT!