Tuesday, July 01, 2008

An utterance, information, don't mince words (Part 103)...

TMI Tuesdays
These come from http://tmituesday.blogspot.com/

1. Do you believe in marriage? Well, sure. I mean, who doesn't?
2. What is marriage to you? Legal and societal recognition of the love and devotion felt by two people.
3. If you are married, why did you do it? If you are not, why have you not married? Well, being gay, my options have been rather limited: either, I couldn't marry someone I do love, or I could marry someone I didn't love. But really, I haven't found anyone I want to live with, much less marry.
4. Do you believe in divorce? Well sure. Everyone makes mistakes, why be stuck with one for the rest of your life?
5. If you are divorced, why did you do it? If you have not, are there certain circumstances under which you would agree to a divorce? Sure. IF I got married, and he hit me, or threatened me. I think those are two sure fire ways to get me to divorce you.
Bonus (as in optional): [ed note:I am not trying to spark a get political debate, I am much to superficial for that]Do you believe that same sex marriages are a threat to traditional marriages? I can't see how they possiblycould be. Frankly, if your heterosexual marriage is "threatened" by two guys or gals getting married, then, really, you need to seriously re-evaluate your own marriage. The biggest threat to "traditional" marriage is a 50% divorce rate among heterosexuals. Maybe some one ought be checking into that.

POLT Listening to "Pork And Beans" by Weezer Oil: 140.97 (+.58); Gas: 3.98 (-.01)

Think about what you'd like to remember when you're old, it may help you decide what to do tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

marriage 50% divorce rate amonst heterosexuals, what is so sacred about that?

Onanite

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

*heavy sigh* The opposition to same-sex marriage is just ridiculous. I agree with you--the only threat to a marriage is the people within it.