Thursday, July 24, 2008

What's the use in complaining, when you've got what you don't need...

I find the whining and complaining of the Republicans and the Far Right wing nuts over Obama's trip quite amusing, and i don't understand what they're complaining about.

After all, John McCain challenged Obama to go to Iraq. And so Obama did. So they can't be upset that he went, he only took up the challenge. And McCain went to Columbia, Canada, and I believe England earlier this year after securing the Republican nomination, so they can't be upset that Obama's giving speeches and touring outside of the country.

Obama spoke today in front of over 200,000 people. McCain spoke in front of the cheese section of the dairy aisle. If the Republicans and Far Right Wing Nuts want to be upset about how successful Obama's been, well, they can be. But, they should have realized already, if you're gonna play with fire, you may get burned, which is exactly what's happening to them.

And plus, McCain's campaign is bungling things left and right. I mean, the CHEESE aisle, for God's sake? What were they thinking? It's like that mind-boggling green backdrop they used once.

So if the Republicans want to be worried, nervous and jealous, I think that's fine. They have every right to be. All three of those things. But don't try to make it anything more than that. Please.

POLT Listening to "Starlight" by Muse Oil: +1.24; Gas: 3.93 (-.01)

"That's just where I need to be, in a dance full of fucking eighteen year olds." "I thought you liked fucking eighteen year olds." - Justin, Queer As Folk

3 comments:

smarmoofus said...

The July 24th Daily Show with Jon Stewart had me laughing out loud. You should watch. If you haven't already.

-smarmoofus

Anonymous said...

Is this the McCain appearance where his speech was interrupted by an announcement over the loud speaker? I nearly died when I saw that and the look on his face was priceless!

Anonymous said...

I am sure the whole world is rooting for Obama, as am I.

Onanite