Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mamma mia, here i go again, my my, how can i resist...

Tonight Ag and I went to see Mamma Mia!



We had seen the play before, in both DC and Toronto, and enjoyed it, for it's campiness. We had discussed see the movie, and she called me today at work and we decided to go. When we got to the theater, imagine my surprise when I saw my co-worker, StratCat. She was there with her sister nephew and some other chick, who could have been nephew's girlfiend or sister, I never got the relationship. (And since I know StratCat reads this, I'll refrain from commenting on the cuteness of said nephew...don't want to freak her out.) We sat directly behind the four of them.

The movie itself...Eh. the play was much MUCH better. This one was fun-ish. More fun to sing the songs and throw our arms around with abandon, which Ag and I did frequently. StratCat and sis did it a few times. Only after the movie, did we discover there were people behind us. We thought everyone was in front of us and couldn't see our antics but whatever.

Back to the movie....Eh. That's all I can give it, Eh. Surprised to find Meryl Streep can sing. Horrified to find Pierce Brosnan can't sing. At all. Nice to see the guys in tight swimsuits running around, but woulda been nicer to see them more often! Especially Skye and the black guy with the wicked fro, I think his name was Pepper, who was always hitting on Christine Baranski (I heart her). Gave me goosebumps just gazing at the screen...at Pepper, not Christine Baranski.

Fun...but if you don't like ABBA or musicals in general, I would NOT recommend going to see it. Maybe waiting for Netflix. I shoulda, actually, cause then I could pause it when all the shirtless boys in the tight swimsuits were on screen and actually enjoy the view.

PS
Managed to find a shot of both Dominic Cooper (Skye) and Philip Michael (Pepper), although neither one is a pleasant on the eyes as they are in the movie.



POLT Listening to "Story Of My Life" by Social Distortion Oil: 128.09 (-3.75); Gas: 3.94 (-.01)

The press never saw the war in Iraq for what it was: something that didn't deserve to be done. - Seymour Hersh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you had me freaked for a second - but as I explained...not my nephew or my sister - cousins!!