Sunday, February 22, 2009

I am overblown, i'm also fed up with...

I have tried, people. Honestly I have. But it's almost 10:00, and so far on the Oscars, I've seen a bunch of stupidity, too many films and intros, waaaaay too much of Wolverine, and only one Oscar presented that anyone really cares about.

They were going to 'do things differently' this year to improve on last year's dismal ratings. This fiasco, my friends, ain't gonna do it.

You wanna get more people to watch? Make it a two hour show. Cut out all the fluff and filler, show the video of the people who died over the last year, present the 6 big ones (actress, actor, supporting of each, director and film) (cause those are the ones anyone really cares about anyway), and then send everyone there out to their parties and everyone on the East Coast to bed.

Who the hell CARES about Live Action Short and Cineamotography anyway? Who wants to listen to Jack Black rambling on in a tux? Who wants to see a dancing Wolvering in a tophat? At the Tony's maybe, but not the oscars.

Someone need to shoot this beast and put it out of it's misery. I was trying to hold on to watch if Heath got it, and how many, if any, Milk got, but really, this ain't worth it. I'm going it bed.

POLT Listening to the inanity that IS this year's Oscars

6 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

Gotta disagree. This is the first time in years that it's held my attention.

Milk's been represented well. And one of the best speeches of the night came from the screenplay author.

I've enjoyed the entertainment- especially the tribute to musicals.

And several of the acceptance speeches have been very moving, very real.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it... things are tough for you right now anyway...

Tam said...

Yeah, shorter would have been better. But I imagine if your son is a cinematographer this is your big chance to call up all your friends and brag. But I didn't care for the 5 actors/actresses thing. Took too long. I thought everyone looked pretty nice though. Natalie Portman looked divine.

Michelle M. said...

I found the awards to be very boring. Where was the humor? It needed Jack Palance pushups, or a Cuba Gooding Jr. speech, or at least a Cher outfit (I'd settle for a Sally Kellerman outfit). Yawn.

Anonymous said...

Sally Kellerman outfit!! Michelle, I nearly spit soda out my nose!

I didn't even tune in. The show is usually way to long and I find it so much easier to read the results the next day.

I'm really happy Heath Ledger, and Sean Penn won, I was really hoping Viola Davis or Amy Adams would win.

Anonymous said...

I only watched until 10 but I disagree. Yes, some of it was boring but my favorite parts were the musical numbers. The tribute to musicals was the bees knees.

hoteltuesday said...

I liked it! I thought Wolverine was a good host. And come on, when Kate wins, that obviously makes it the best Oscars ever.