Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Late, i'm overdue, what are we gonna do...

I'm sitting here watching Obama's speech to Congress, and I've got this huge happy grin on my face, cause this is the first time since 1994 that I get to watch one of these and do NOT see a Newt, a Denny, or a Dick sitting up there behind the president.




How sweet it is. And how very very far overdue!

POLT Listening to Obama

In that moment of utter surrender to adulation, to desiring perfect, vicarious, romantic deification, I understood what it is to be a gay man. It's all about intensity. - X, Boy Culture

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Obama - elegant and eloquent. Wonderful, wonderful : ).

Anonymous said...

The energy and banking sectors must not be too happy with Obama today. His speech last night essentially threw down the gauntlet. The regulatory pendulum swings again.

And I've heard that Gingrich is thinking about tossing his hat in the ring in 2012. Already there's all sorts of speculation on the Repug side. They're talking up Bobby Jindal but after hearing him speak I'd say they need to keep searching.