Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thoughts ever stray, south of the border, down mexico way...

Enrico (or as he's known to me Enrickyricardo) at Hotel Tuesday, took a trip over New Years to Mexico. He was there, I think, 14 days. And he a post on his blog for each day, showing photos of that day's activities.

On about half those days, he had a photo of a purple building he had seen, saying how it was Polt's Palace in whatever city they were in. Not only did it make me laugh, but how flattering was that, that while on his vacation in Mexico, Enrickyricardo thought of me?

Well, if he can make the time to take the photos and post them, the least I can do is give him credit for doing so...and post them here. So I give you,

Polt's Palaces South Of The Border!



The San Simeon Wing


San Felipe Wing


Rio Lagartos Wing (note the spiffy horseheads!)


Palenque Wing (and it's housing a 'palacios!')


Oxkintok Wing


Some Random Unknown Town's Wing


Merida Wing North


Merida Wing South

Pretty nifty all in all, dontcha think? Thanks, Enrickyricardo, for thinking of me, taking them AND posting them. And thanks for sharing ALL your trip with us on your blog, I really enjoyed visiting Mexico through your eyes and camera lens.

POLT Listening "Discotheque" By U2

Sorry, Little Hughie, bit titties are my kryptonite! - Vas, The Boys #14

4 comments:

Tam said...

I love the shade of purple in the second one, but you gotta admit those horse heads add a touch of class. :-)

lime said...

i wish i had a picture for you of the house i grew up in. it was also white with purple trim. being in the middle of PA dutch country it caused quite a sensation or uproar might be more like it.

hoteltuesday said...

Did I really only show that many Palacios de Polt? I swear I had more... lol.
Thanks for reading and spreading!

Anonymous said...

The horse heads!! Fantastic! This was really cool of him.