Monday, January 11, 2010

Catch the perfect prize that waits among the shelves...

This afternoon, after starting last week, mom and I FINALLY got all the shelves up in the middle bedroom aka my library. I put shelves up on all four walls about a foot or so from the ceiling. On these, I shall have a place to store all my action figures, and finally be able to show they all.

Course, she and I started this last week, and eventually gave up. In the ensuing week, we got enough brackets to hold all the shelves. We restarted today...but still had to take three different trips to the local mom and pop hardward store/lumber yard. Thank God it was walking distances away. After all these trips, we finally got all the brackets up and the boards on the brackets. Only thing yet to do is to get the action figures up on the shelves. That, and reorganizing my t-shirt placement in the master bedroom are my goals for tonight.

As mom and I were doing this, she was rather gassy. Severely so, actually. And she kept apologizing for it. It ddn't even help when I made run out in the hallways to fart. She drug it back in with her. But after a bit, she started to complain about stomach pains, blaming it on the KFC we ate for lunch.

But after we were done and she had gone home, she called me to tell me she had caught something. She knew this because she threw up, was shivering cold, had a slight fever and hurt all over. Poor thing. She later called and asked me to go out to the pharmacy to get her some Emotrol (I HATE that stuff! it's sickeningly sweet andthe two times I did take some, I puked it back up. She's used it for years though, and says it works, whatever works for her, I guess).

And of course I went and got her some. When I dropped it off at the house, she was laying on the couch, with two blankets over her wrapped up to her nose. Underneath, she was wearing a sweater, a scarf, a light jacket AND gloves! And she was STILL cold! She told me not to come to close cause she didn't want me to get anything. Poor lady.

I opened the Emotrol and got her a spoon to take some. I also took the dog out so she wouldn't have to for a while. But that was all she would let me do. She thanked me, but insisted I leave so she wouldn't pass anything to me. So I did. I hate seeing her sick and not being able to do anything about it. But she went throught that for years when I was a kid, so I guess this is what she felt.

But on the upside, at least we don't have to worry anymore about getting those damn shelves up.

POLT Listening to "Like A Prayer" by Madonna

I brought him quickly to know the pleasures which he had never allowed himself before. - Marius, Blood And Gold

2 comments:

Tam said...

Yikes. Hope your Mom is feeling better soon. Sounds nasty.

Yay for shelves.

john said...

Aww, I don't like when Mama Polt is sick either! I hope she is feeling better.