Sunday, January 10, 2010

We've come a long way through the good and bad...

So this weekend was the first NFL playoff games.


Saturday went VERY well for me. Sunday, eh, not so much. I picked, out of a hat, the New York Jets in the $25 playoff pool at work. They won, so I'm still in that, but I don't think they're gonna make it to the Super Bowl, but if they do, I'll get $75 and if they win, and an additional $100 if they win.

Also, on Saturday, Dallas won their first playoff game since 1996. Being a Dallas fan, this was a HUGE deal for me. But I realized something else. The last game they won was in 1996, I was living at home in 1997. In 1997, I moved into my apartment. In 2009, I moved OUT of the apartment into my house. And then now, in 2010, Dallas wins another playoff game. OBVIOUSLY, I and my apartment are the reason for the Cowboys' 13 year slump. I am SOOOO sorry, Dallas fans!

Anyway, moving on to Sunday. I've been in the loser's pool at work, with $430 at stake. There were 8 of us left going into the playoffs, so we had to chose TWO teams that were going to lose this weekend. I chose the Baltimore Ravens and the Arizona Cardinals. What happened? Baltimore surprised the New England Patriots, and damn near everyone else, by beating them pretty handily. And the Cardinals beat the Green Bay Packers in overtime. So in other words, I picked wrong on BOTH my teams. The only way I'm still in it is if ALL the other 7 people picked wrong as well. What are the chances of that happening?

*SIGH* Oh well, at least I finally have a second playoff game to watch Dallas in in one season. Yay!

POLT Listening to "Whip It" by Devo

"I ain't no fag." "I won't hold that against you." - Nat, OZ

No comments: