Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Lost his lucky touch, it's just he gambles so much...

At work today, I was involved in quite a bit of gambling.

I joined an NFL playoffs pool. There are only 12 people, and each of us put in $25, then we each pull out a name. Whoever has both the teams that reach the Super Bowl each get $75, and whichever of those holds the winner, gets the remaining $125. Course, the whole thing is chance, luck of the draw. And which team did I get? The NYJets. Whoop. Pee. I can kiss that $25 goodbye.

Also, I'm still in the NFL loser's pool, there's only 8 of us left out of the original 43. But now that we're in the playoffs, we have to pick TWO losers this weekend to lose. And there's only 4 games. And they're all good teams playing. So that makes this THAT much more difficult. I'll not tell you which teams I picked, cause I don't want to jinx myself. This game only cost $10 to get in, so thats $430 payout to the winner or winners (if the last two or three decide to split it). And there's some skill, not total chance, involved, so that makes me feel a little better. I've already managed to last 8 weeks and outlast 35 other players, so I'm hopeful.

Also, today, I joined in the Biggest Loser at work (which I believe I've mentioned before). I weighed in at 260, and will pay my ten bucks tomorrow when the neutral coworker, who's not playing but holding our money, returns. And there are 8 of us total playing. I don't really think I have a shot in hell of winning, cause other guys are going on diets and making all these exercise plans and such. And I'm pretty lazy and unmotivated and all. But we'll see.

So that's 45 dollars (and in addition, the $10 I put up to join the NFL winner's pool that I picked wrong in and lost) I've invested in the gambling at work. I'm gonna need to win one of these things just to break even!

POLT Listening to "Girls On Film" by Duran Duran

The day I can't mutilate thirty radioactive teenagers is the day I hang up my coat for good. - The Midnighter, The Authority

1 comment:

BOSSY said...

Bossy loves the concept of the losers pool. In life, she means.