Monday, January 25, 2010

A lazy weekend is now foretold....

Friday night, after work, I went to Hershey PA to watch the Hershey Bears play the Manitoba Moose. I went with some guys from work, I think there were well over two dozen of us there. We normally go to DC to see the Caps play a game once or twice a year. But with the Caps doing so well this season, we have trouble getting tickets, and they're more expensive this year as well. The Bears tickets were only $13. And it was $1 Hot Dog Night, so that was an extra bonus!

And I had a blast, With the Bears winning 8-3, there was lots of cheering to be had. I'm not really into hockey, I don't follow any team or anything. But I like going to the games for the atmosphere. For the cheering, and the yelling; I get all wrapped up in it with the crowd. And for $13 bucks, and $1 hot dogs, its well worth it.

Then Saturday after work, I met my buddy Michelle and we had supper at a local Mexican restuarant. We hadn't actually talked since before Christmas, so we had a lot of stuff to catch up on. And the food was particularly outstanding that night. But the company was even more so.

And then Sunday evening, the lovely Virginia came up to watch the playoffs with me. It has been since like September that I've gotten to hang out with her. So we sat here, watching the games, and caught up. We also dined on pizza delivered by a cute guy. The night before, Virginia had worked a gathering at the museum she works at, and it was catered. She she brought a bottle of Pinot Grigio (sp?) from there as well as some desserts given to her by the French chef who was doing the catering. They were chocolate mousse inside a chocolate flower shaped shell. I don't know what they were officially called, but they were insanely good. And done by an actual for-real French chef. Porbably the snobbiest desert I'm gonna have for quite a long time. But that too was awesome.

Then, this morning, Michelle and I were supposed to go to Gettysburg to do some shopping, but as I lay in bed, it was cold and I could hear the rain being blown against the windows and I just didn't feel like getting up and going out into the damp, wet, windy, rainy day. And then Michelle texted me saying basically the same thing. So I texted her back and rolled over and went back to sleep. It was a great morning to do that.

Unfortunately, I slept in until almost 1:00. I love sleeping in, but I HATE doing it so long like that. Feels like I lost a whole day. BLECH. When I finally got out of bed, I felt like I was off kilter, like my head was full of cobwebs, and I had no motivation to change that. I didn't want to do anything, but I didn't want to do nothing either. BLECH.

So i showered, and then walked up to The Waynesburger to get something to eat. The sun broke through the clouds on the way there, so it kinda helped to see some actual for-real sunlight. i ordered the regular burger, fries and coke. (even though I had Pepsi at home, I much prefer fountain drinks!) And as the guy handed me my bag of food, he said he put a bowl of soup in for free for me to try. It was lentel soup. I thank him and smiled all the way home. How nice. I'd never hed lentel soup before, wasn't even sure what it was. It didn't taste all the bad, although I doubt I'd order it again. Just wasnt my thing.

And now I'm sitting here, bored and unmotivated. *SIGH* Hoping I can get to sleep at a decent hour somehow this evening so I can get up on time to get to work. Oh, the life of lazy bum, what angst you cultivate.

POLT Listening to "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol

Prison isn't all that different from a niught club: everything is free, and I don't have to get out of bed in the morning and I can get all the drugs and sex I want. - Michael Alig, Party Monster

No comments: