Friday, January 01, 2010

No new years day to celebrate...

So, welcome to 2010 everyone! I hope we all reached safely, soundly, and not too hungoverly.

I spent the evening with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, his lovely wife and youngest daughter (the other two were at a sleepover at grammy's). We had fingerfoods like meatballs, chili, pepperoni tray, homemade brownies, spinach dip, cheeses, crackers, all that sort. I had over the six hours two Coors Lights, one Bud Light, a glass of Susan's wine, a shot of vodka (I could only get one, cause ALCMDPP had the rest of the bottle), and a few glasses of Asti at midnight. But I didn't get drunk, barely even tipsy. I made it safely home despite icy/snowy/sleety conditions.

Ghostie was there for a while. And we watched the Family Guy parody of the Empire Strikes Back. It was rather funny, especially Carlos Spicyweiner. And then, on Blu-Ray we watched "The Hangover". It is perhaps THE funniest thing I've seen all year. Funny and so unpredictable, and that makes it a plus in my eyes as well. I hate movies where you can see things coming from miles away. Although they never did explain the condom in the car. At any rate, if you haven't seen it, I whole heartedly recommend doing so.

And we also watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN. LOVE HER! And he's the most pleasing on the eyes person an tv New Years Eve nights, except for that dreamy Don Lemon who was working the crowd with his mesmerising smile.


And then today, I went to mom's for lunch and the traditional hog maw New Year's Day meal. Granma was there as well as Mom's brother and his wife. And now I'm home, watching the Doctor Who Marathon on BBCAmerica. I lurve me some BBCAmerica. I won't be up late tonight, cause I have to get up for work tomorrow. But after that, I'm off until Wednesday.

I hope everyone's New Year's celebrations went well, and I hope your New Year's Day goes jsut as well.

POLT Listening to The Doctor Who Marathon

Why do they call Wednesday 'Hump Day' when most people get laid on the weekends?

3 comments:

Michelle M. said...

We watched the hilarious Kathy Griffin and had Asti, too. Yay!

Happy 2010!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!/Buon Anno!

That said, my New Year was a whole bunch more interesting.

I'm trying to tally the alcohol, I think I had three beers, three glasses of champagne, and some cold duck.

And on the 1st we had beer, champagne and jello shots. I love my holidays awash in alcohol! I wasn't like this until I worked at the state AG's office. Those people can DRINK!

hoteltuesday said...

Love KG and AC!
And I didn't even catch the f-bomb!