Thursday, January 21, 2010

Take it to the runway (Part 14)...

Bringing back an old favorite, I give you....


First a shot of all the new designers:

Minus the first one (thankfully) kicked off:

Okay, since I didn't get a chance to do this last week, I'm going to offer some opinions on the designers:

Anthony: Flaming (hell, he's an conflagration!), but do-able.
Ben: Cute, despite the nose.
Emilo: Not cute, but not Quasimodo either.
Jay: Asianly cute.
Jesse: Cute in a Christian Bale kinda way.
Jesus: Divinely cute.
Jonathan: Stubblyish cute-ish.
Seth Aaron: No. No, no. No. Gotta stop dressing like he's 20 years younger than he is.

And now, onto the show: "The Fashion Farm" Make an outfit out of a burlap sack.

Okay, my three favorite dresses were by Amy, Mila and surprisingly by Janeane as well. my favorite was Mila's. I'm not at all bothered by the judge's decision, cause Jay's dress really did look good with the feathery-ness of it.

My three least favorite were Ping ("ass flap" and saddlebags), Seth Aaron (a hoddy? Really? And was that a lamp shade he had on her as a skirt?) and Pamela (Looked a little bland to me). My least favorite was Ping's. I wasn't terribly upset at the judges decision, although I thought Ping's was worse and I Pamela seemed like a nice person.

And now, onto Dave S.'s comments:


Okay, Ping is just about on my last nerve. She just comes off as arrogant. Yuck. And her design sucked pondwater bigtime.

Jesse on the other hand is hot.

That's all. He's just, y'know...hot. I don't even remember what he designed this week. :-P

Okay, skipping the minimal drama, which isn't even worth mentioning, I gotta move to the runway. The judges for once seemed to pick the right ones for the top three. I felt Amy's was the best. I felt it answered the challenge the best -- there was no disguising of the burlap, no fancy extra things to distract from the fact that it was a basic fabric she built it out of. Yet it was stunning. Sure, Mila and Jae created great dresses, but Amy's was the most bold. The one that took the biggest risk (amongst the top three anyway). But in the end Jae won, and I wasn't hugely disappointed or surprised. His was pretty sweet.

But the bottom three were definitely bottom three. Yuck. Ping's was just awful. Easily the ugliest design I have ever seen on Project Runway. Good lord, *Cher* wouldn't have worn that thing. It was hideous. And I tire of her. I'm *already* upset about next week's episode where her and Jesse are shown working together. Or trying. Because she certainly wouldn't want to do things like someone else! Heaven's no! Compromise in order to successfully work with another designer that may do things in an organized and designerly way? Egad! Because she's "different," you know. She thinks about things on "a different level". Whatever. Get over yourself. And next week, you better not fuck with my Jesse, bitch.

Where was I...? Oh, right. Yeah. Jesus stayed and Pamela got booted. Which was a complete shock. I was completely expecting Jesus to get Heidi's 5-inch heals planted firmly in his little behind as he went sailing out the PR door. But no, it was Pamela and her yucky-butted monstrosity. Though it was a *hell* of a lot better than Ping's. Ping's was by far the worst on the runway.

Oh, and is it just me, or is Tim Gunn getting a bit sassy this season? Love it!

And I'll finish by saying I am in total and completel agreement with Dave S. and his assessment of Jesse.

POLT Listening to "No Excuses" by Alice In Chains

"Most sinners are in denial." "I am NOT in denial!" "See what I mean?" - Eddie, Teen Titans #35

7 comments:

john said...

I agreed with the top and bottom three this week. I think it was a tough call to pick the winner. I loved Jay's, but I agree that Amy's was pretty amazing.

I totally disagree with Pamela going home. I totally would have sent Jesus home out of the two of them, but Ping would have been first. That dress was awful and I agree with Dave about her "personality". Lauren Hutton totally saved her ass this week.

Erin O'Riordan said...

Isn't "cute in a Christian Bale kind of way" the cutest of all cutes? I may have to start watching Project Runway!

Polt said...

Why yes, Erin that IS the cutest of all cutes, hence why I described him as such. :)

And yes you simply MUST start watching it. And come here the day after again to catch our recap. :)

HUGS...

Michelle M. said...

I'm a little surprised that Jesus stayed - since he didn't really follow the challenge. Pamela's dress looked like something you would find at Walmart in the 90's. Too bad, she seemed so nice. Ping's was atrocious.
I really liked a lot of the designs this episode. I liked Emilio's little red dress and Anthony's and Jesse's pants.

And Tim's reaction to whoever did the cartwheel at the farm was priceless.

Tam said...

I don't watch the show, but seriously, shorty sweater vest with a tie? Umm. No. I don't care if you're a designer, you look like a dork and not in a good way like Craig.

M. Nicodemus said...

I totally agree, to sum up:
1. I loved Amy's dress
2. I was OK with Jay winning
3. Ping should have gotten booted for that sad, sad, ass flap
4. For once I agreed with the judges top and bottom *snicker* choices

Oh, and I gotta know; why in the holy F@#$ don't the designers listen to Tim? Do they not watch the show? The three in the bottom were there for the very things Tim had warned them about THE DAY BEFORE! And I do love the extra pinch of sass Tim has this season :)

Ryan said...

I can't understand why Ping wasn't in the bottom two. Her dress was horribly executed, and even a dress that didn't flash the judges would have been unwearable.

Jesus' dress had poor color choices, and he tried to skirt the challenge, but it was no where close to being as bad as Ping's. He deserves to go home soon, but not this week.

Pamela's dress also had some execution issues. I completely understand why she was in the bottom three. However, I can't understand why the judges would send her home when Ping's dress was there as well.