Thursday, January 28, 2010

Take it to the runway (Part 15)...

"The Hi's And Lows Of Fashion"

Now, with added Chazz!

Thank GOD almighty, we're free at last! Ping went home, and she didn't drag poor adorable Jesse with her!

I did not like Mila's outfit. I mean it wasn't horrible or anything, there were several worse than that. It looked like a sports outfit, something a grandmother might wear. My favorite was...I forgot to write it down, but it was a grey dress, form fitted very nicely done.

Unfortunately, I was doing something else as I was watching this, so I have no notes or anything, and this is all I got. I'll turn it over to Dave S.:

Ping Ping Ping. Why must you torment my Jesse with your inept sewing skills and your bizarre and inefficient design process? Oh, how I lament Jesse's inability to successfully bash you in the creative skull.

Oh, wait. I guess the judges decided to do that for him.

Nothing on the runway tonight was outstanding. Mila's outfit was clever and somewhat sheik and so I guess it should've won, but I wasn't all freakin' gaga over it or anything. But I didn't really hate anything either. Though my least favorite was probably Jesus and Amy's patchwork monstrosity. And the cheaper dresses were all pretty awful. I don't think I liked a single one.

Though the worst of the cheap dresses was definitely Ping and Jesse's. They spent $50 on that? I think I could've found it for $5.99 at the thrift store down the street.

Sorry, Jesse! Loveyoumeanit, but that was just yuck. But luckily you survived and Ping didn't!
Yaaaayyy!!

And now we hear a younger opinion, as Dave S.'s son Chazz (I know it's spelled with only one Z, but two Z's are snazzier!):

Chaz: Ping's a creatively stuck-up bitch. Go home already!!! Go back to wherever you live and be "eccentric" there and spare us from it on our weekly runway!

Short, sweet, and oh so accurate! Glad to have you aboard, Chazzman!

And next week, meltdowns of Chernobyl porportions, everyone's freaking out and good bosoms.

POLT Listening to "Heat Of The Moment" by Asia

That's what the Internet is for, slandering people anonymously. - Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

2 comments:

john said...

My thoughts:

Seth: "Where’s my brown sugar?!?" OH MY!
Jesse and Ping, not good.
Mila strikes me as a bitch.
Ping needs to get her shit together.
Ben and his partner seem to make a good team.
OK Anthony has officially hit funny territory with: "Don’t act up in front of company."
I find all the men a little catty.

Runway:
Anthony/Seth: Big, not a fan of the colors
Jebus/Amy: Odd
Mila: interesting.
Jeananne and Ben: Ok, if boring.
Emilio/?: I like it, pretty.
Jay/Maya: I like it though, it is weird
Ping /Jesse:looks better than I thought.

Look For Less
Jebus: no
Anthony: Ew
Mila:not bad.
Jean/Ben: looks good.
Emelio: cute.
Jay/Maya: not bad, ugly vest
Ping/Jesse: don’t see the inspiration.

I agree with the first group to move on. I think Ben has potential as does Amy.

Judging
Jay and Maya: I liked the look, but it is a bit too modern. I like the look for less, especially the top.

Milla: It is interesting, but not my favorite. The look for less is much better than the original.

Jay and Maya should win.

Ping and Jesse: Signature look is a too hidden which makes me think it is a mess. The look for less is boring.

Thank GOD Ping is finally going home! I totally didn't by that innocent "I didn't understand" crap. She is ruthless and manipulative.

Anthony and Seth: The color is just way off. I actually didn’t mind Anthony’s question to the judges, I wish we could have seen the answer. The lace is really awful. Neena is right, they are both ugly.

I’m surprised Milla won, but am ok with it, but it wasn't my favorite.

Welcome aboard Chaz!

Ryan said...

I'm glad Jesse survived. It would be unfortunate if he suffered from Ping's . . . eccentricity.

My order would be:
Anna/Emilio - This is the only team that made two dresses that I liked. I really liked their second look, but I think their first look needs a little more to put it over the top.

Jay/Maya - As the judges pointed out, their $50 outfit looked better than what another team made with $500. Their first dress has nice aspects, but the giant, thick ruffles prevent me from saying that I like it.

Anthony/Seth Aaron - Their first dress has too much volume on the bottom, and the feathers make it look costumy. However, I liked their second look and felt the combination was stronger than the remaining teams.

Mila/Jonathon - I hate the cape (I refuse to call it a jacket), and the fact that it is all Mila did for two days makes me mad that she won. I also disliked baby doll dresses before I even knew what to call them. However, what is under the sports cape looks good, and the dress looks decent for a baby doll dress.

Amy/Jesus - Their first look is my second favorite of the $500 looks. I think the construction needs a little cleaning up, but concept at least aspires to being museum-worthy, unlike a lot of the others. However, the second look is horrible. It almost looks like she is wearing sweat pants. It's my least favorite design.

Ben/Jeanine - Both looks are boring.

Ping/Jesse - Their look didn't look that bad until I realize that the model had a giant train wrapped around her. A customer should not need the designer to wrap her into the outfit every time. The second look is cheap and unimaginative.