Saturday, January 16, 2010

In the land of plenty, crying about my own virginity...

VOBUQ over on his blog had a post that piqued my interest. He mentioned that he has this weird belief that one's virginity resets the beginning of each year, and that allows you to have a "first time" each and every year (just click on the link and read it yourself, he says it much better than I could ever hope to).

As I said, interesting concept. A smidge depressing, cause under this thinking, I'm still a virgin. Which to me is a somewhat unique experience. Kinda like before I had my first Big Mac, or before I lost my first tooth: I know this situation once existed, but it's been so long since it happened, I don't remember it. But still, I'm halfway through the first month of the year, and still a virgin.

I wanted to see if this was unusual or not, so I went back and checked. (and yes, I DO keep track of my sexual encounters. Have done so since 1998. Shut up, we all our own little pecadillos, don't judge) So this is date I lost my virginity for each year:

1998: January 3rd.
1999: January 1st (I had a boyfriend at that time)
2000:January 15th
2001: January 4th
2002: January 13th
2003: January 27th
2004: February 9th
2005: March 14th (I obviously did NOT have a boyfriend at that time)
2006: January 3rd
2007: January 3rd
2008: February 4th
2009: January 9th

So that's an average of 18.92 days into the new year for me to lose that year's viriginity, which makes me feel a bit better. UNTIL, I took out the two outlying numbers (the one on the 1st, and the one in March) and then the average is 15.20 days into the new year.

Which means to make it this year on the average, I need to get laid sometime today? Even though there's football playoffs on ALL evening.

Anyone feel like helping a brother out at about 11:30 or so tonight?

POLT Listening to the Cardinals-Saints football game

In America, anybody can become president, and that's just one of the risks you take. - Adlai Stevenson

5 comments:

Tam said...

Born again virgins, gotta love. Good luck wit the quest.

that's J-O-S-H said...

WEIRD belief, indeed.

Out of curiosity, how many full-fledged boyfriends have you had?

Oh and *VUBOQ :)

hoteltuesday said...

I think I know some naughty town or something that might provide sex opportunities! Wait, that doesn't make sense. Never mind.

Is 1998 when you lost your virginity for real?! Sweet.

Polt said...

Oh, punkin, if there was a naughty anywhere on the east coast that provided sex sex opportunites, I'd already know about it. :)

And no, 1998 was the first time I started tracking this. I'm pretty certain I'd already lost my virginity several years before you were born.

HUGS....

Polt said...

Sassy josh: Even though I spelled his name wrong (stupid me) I got the link right, right?

And full-fledged boyfriends? Four. maybe five, depending. Somewhere around there.

HUGS...