Monday, January 04, 2010

Bits-N-Pieces
My friend Doug got me, as a housewarming/Christmas gift, a year's subscription to Good Housekeeping. He knows how I 'kept' the apartment, so he got me this subscription to help with the housekeeping! I'm not certain if I should be insulted at the gift, depressed that I'm this transparent, or just laugh at the humor of it all.
******************************************
The Sunday after Christmas I went to mom's and this is what she was wearing when she got home from Church:


Mama Polt In All Purple Clothes! She rocks.
******************************************
Wednesday, when I'm at work, I'm going to be weighed in and join a 'Biggest Loser' kinda thing at work. We're each gonna put $10 in, and we'll weigh ourselves again April 5th, and whoever has lost the largest percentage of their original weight takes home the money. It started out with three of us, at last count, I think there was 10! I've had a strategy: I overate over the holidays, a LOT, but once I have the weigh in, I'll go back to the eating habits I was doing over the past year, and hopefully lose a lot quickly. Hopefully enough to take the $100 bucks home...minus a buncha poundage.
******************************************
Thursday after work, I have a semi-date. It's with Don, the guy I was kinda in some sort of relationship with in 2008. We've been communicating through emails, and decided to get together and talk things over in person. So we'll be meeting for coffee in the late afternoon and then talking. Don't know where, if anywhere, this will go, but I'm anxious and nervous both over this. I get that way anytime I have a date, semi- or actual.
******************************************
I needed to buy some Pepsi this week, but all the regular stuff was gone. However, they had this 12 pack cans of "Pepsi Throwback". It says it's the 'old' formula made with real sugar. And it's in the white cans. I remember this Pepsi, it's what I started drinking, and it's what made me fall in love with Pepsi. but after drinking one can of it, I don't think I want any more. It's got an aftertaste. It tastes like its made from that artificial sweetner stuff. YUCK. I guess you really can NOT go home again.
*******************************************
Had our Family Christmas Gettogether on Sunday. What a hoot! Everyone was there except for one of my cousin's fiances, he didn't make it. But with everyone there, we managed to get a group photo of the entire family: grandma, her kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and various and sorted step-relatives and fiances and such. Once I get one, and get it scanned I'll post it here so all can see what a handsome gene pool I come from. And we had a blast with the eating, socializing, gift exchanging, watching football, just having fun. As in the last few years, I was Santa Claus, which means I just got to wear a silly hat and when the kids sit on the chair in front of everyone else, I hand them their gifts. A chaotic job, what with two dozen people sitting watching you and five kids, all under 12, wanting to tear into the gifts with their names on it, and people talking loudly, and snapping photos, and so on and so forth. Still, it's the same every year, and fun every year.
*******************************************
As a further plus, Dallas beat Philly Sunday, which means Dallas is now seeded third in the NFC, so they get to host a playoff game this coming weekend. Unfortunately, they'll be hosting Philly again. And since they beat Philly twice this year already, and since Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996, I don't have a very good feeling about this coming game. Course, I didn't think they'd beat New Orleans, or the Deadskins, nor Philadelphia this past weekend either. But it was nice to see them end the season this way.

On another good note, since the Raiders lost this past week, I'm still in the losers pool at work. We started out with 43 players, prior to this weekend, we had 9. And there were a few upsets this weekend, so maybe there's only a couple left. I hope so, I'd be willing to split the winnings, adn I can certainly use $215!
*******************************************
And of course, we wrap this up with the obligatory Bits-N-Pieces eye candy.


POLT Listening to "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

The art of life lies in taking pleasures as they pass, and the keenest pleasures are not intellectual, nor are they more. - Aristippus

4 comments:

Tam said...

Good luck on your weight thing. I have to get my shit together. NO MORE CRAP - she says as she eats a Tim Tam her friend sent her from Australia. Hey, it travelled across the ocean, it would be rude not to eat it.

I guess we know where your love of purple comes from. Must be genetic.

Your Christmas get-together sounds like a blast. Can't wait for the pics. Good luck on your "date".

I'm trying to figure out the look on that guy's face. Has he been bad and needs to be punished or what?

john said...

Good luck with the weight! Trying to lose has become such a pain in the ass now that I am over 35. And good luck with Don too. I hope it works out for you.

Michelle M. said...

Mama Polt looks good in purple : ).

Good luck with the weight loss - I know you'll do well. And have fun on your semi-date!

Ray Avito said...

Pepsi Throwback? I think I would try it just for the curiosity factor. I didn't realize they had a different formula.

**refusing to discuss the Giants**

I'm left with rooting for the Jets!