Saturday, January 07, 2006

Almost lost his time, working too much overtime...

So far this week, I was off for the holidays Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I went back to work Thursday, but there was a virus in the computer system. I wasn't as bad off as some, because I could access all our software programs, I just couldn't find any documents in like Microsoft Word or Excel, so basically, i could nothing Thursday. And I found out i had CPR training on Friday. SO when I showed up for work today, Saturday, I found there were 14 clients there needing processed (a normal Saturday is about 6 or 7), I had paperwork backed up that I was supposed to have gotten doen Friday, but couldn't, and there was other work still backed up from before I left work last Saturday. it was a rather hectic day, to say the least. Not a bad day, mind you, I didn't have a meltdown like I did in November, but it was a bad busy day nonetheless.

The only upside was that as soon as I got there, I saw what kinda day it was gonna be, and I prepared myself for it. I told myself, "Self, Uncle Polt needs some money, so Overtime is the way to go!" And so, I worked over, getting three hours of OT! Whoo-Hoo, nice paycheck that'll make. The surprising thing is, I actually worked the vast majority of the 11 hours I was at work! I didn't lallygag around or waste time. It was crazy mad. I don't know what got into me!

So on the way home, I was tired, and didn't feel like making anything to eat, so I went to Taco Bell, on a Saturday night. And whiel the restaurant was packed, the drive thru was empty. Score! So i placed my ordered, and as I drove up to the window, I looked in the windows and this really hot guy, blond hair, red tee shirt, about 20, 5'10 or so, pecs rippling under the shirt. He was walking towards the window carrying a tray, and it was quite a nice view. Unfortunately, I was watching him and not where I was going, and I had to slam on the breaks to avoid driving right into the building that sticks right out to the curb, ya know where the window is? As it was, I'd guess I was less than half a foot from it. Man, would THAT have sucked, hitting the building. And how stupid? But when I get distracted, well, I get disTRACTed!

Then, the kid waiting on me at the window was cute in his own way, but I had a problem. he was wearing the cap they have to wear really low, and both the tops of his ears were just a bit up under the cap. Is this a new style Uncle Polt, in his advanced age, is unaware of? I don't think it's something he did accidently, but dear God he looked stupid. Please, in an age of hot guys wearing baggy clothes so we cant' SEE how hot they are, please don't tell me this is the new style?

POLT = listening to "Ten Miles Back" by The Crystal Method

Rudolph's red nose is not an alcoholic condition. - The Simpsons

No comments: