Sunday, January 01, 2006

What's my secret, Abby....

Uncle Polt spent New Year's Eve at a small party with friends. David and Susan had me over and a few others. We watched TV and a movie (Old School, which I thought was freaking hilarious!). thier 14 month old Abby, slept a good portion of the night, but they got her up about 1015 or so. She was up until I left after midnight. At first, she was quiet, tired, and not quite awake. But later in the evening, she was wide awake, crawling all over, babbling away. She's just adorable, espeically in her 'party jammies'.

I got to see once again my future wife, Colleen, Ghostie's sister. (I say that just hear Ghostie cringe. Me, as his brother-in-law...I hear him cringe now even as I type this). SHe's aweomse I just LOVE her! Too bad she lives in Viriginia....and there IS that whole not-eat-meat-PETA-thing....but I can overlook small flaws.

We had a toast of pink champagne at midnight (which I brought, natch! What kinda fag would I be if I didn't bring PINK champagne?)

I got my traditional (well at least for the last few years) drunken phone call from Johnnie. I got to speak with his friend, Jen, who I kinda remember talking to last year, only because I definately remember talking to her very tall, very cute boyfriend, whom I think is named Dan (names, what do i need names for?). But i didn't get to talk to him this year, he was somewhere else, not near the phone. And it was apparently very loud there, cause they had problems hearing me. But it was nice to talk to them anyway. (and apparently, its tradition for them too, cause Jen said, "Hey we HAD to call [Johnnie's] gay friend back home, just like last year!")

A calm, relaxed, fun way to spend New Years. I also took a few photos, that Susan wanted posted here, so she could download them and save them. There's not as many as I thought i took, but nonetheless, here they are:


POLT = listening to Carolina winning the Carolina/Atlanta game...dammit...

Winding up with no one, is a lot less fun, than a burn from the sun, or sand in your buns. - Spongebob Squarepants

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures Chris, and thanks for not posting the picture where I look evil!

Anonymous said...

Chris I have terrible news. The old guy from Old School..Blue was his name...died today.

Polt said...

Susan, there really wasn't one that you looked evil in, I just said that. And, I did have one of David with Abby, but for some reason, that one wouldn't post, I just couldn't get it to go into the post. Honestly. i think David jinxed it or something.

And Blue died, for real huh? Oh well, I hope he went as happy as his character did in Old School.