Wednesday, January 04, 2006

You sitting in the church with Reverend Charlie...

So i saw in today's paper that the movie theater I mentioned below will be closing Jan. 16. I know full well that the homophobic nature of the management and the closing have nothing to do with eath other, but the irony is just TOO delicious!

Supposedly they're going to rent the thing out to the churchs or churches. They'll attempt to make a "mall of churches" or "community center of churches". Yeah, that follows in their "family" theme, cause as we all know, organized religion is VERY family orientated and would NEVER do anything un-Christian like, like....oh, i don't know, like embezzlement, like Jim Bakker did, or molesting young boys, like some priests in the Catholic church has, or 'consorting' with some prostitute, as that other Jimmy preacher did (his name escapes me right now, the "Lord, I have sinned against you" guy, with all the tears on the TV. but I digress...).

I wonder if the manager is personally disgusted by all that behavior too? If so, mayeb she ought to reconsider the decision to allow the church in. I mean, if her delicate sensibilites are so offended by some fiction she sees on the screen, imagine what could happen to her if something like I mentioned above were to actually HAPPEN, for real! How could she possibly deal with that?

POLT = listening to "Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode

I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life...procrastinating and rationalizing. - Calvin & Hobbes

No comments: