Monday, January 16, 2006

Viva Victoria, Cleopatra, diva, diva, diva...

I've got laundry to do, including two loads of towels. I've dishes and pans piled up to the ceiling. I've got a tub that needs scrubbed and scowered. I've got bedsheets that need changed, as well as...well, hell, the whole apartment needs cleaned, from top to bottom, end to end. And today was my regular day off work. And what did I do?

Abso-freakin-lutely NOTHING!

I took a diva day.

I made today all about me. Well, they're ALL all about me, but this day was special. I decided that since i didn't feel like, or want to DO anything...I wouldn't do anything. And I didn't. Oh, I was online, and watched a movie (the first disc of Angels In America. EXCELLENT, by the way. But I digress....), and I finished up a book (see previous post) and I watched some TV and stuff. But I only left the apartment to check for mail in the vestibule. It was only when I got down the two flights of stairs and intot he vestibule that I recalled that it was a Federal holiday and no mail service. *Blond Moment*

Also, since I wouldn't be entertaining any guests on my diva day, I didn't shower. At all. Yeah, I'm a bit underwhelmed at that prospect as well. Thank God I've been around me all day so I can't smell me. And I didn't shave. but then I haven't shaved since Friday morning, so I'm rocking a proto-Grizzly Adams kinda look here. I can try to describe the whole buffet-for-the-eyes that is me today, but since a picture is worth a thousand words, well...who wants to read that much of my writing anyway?


Unshaven, unwashed, hair uncombed...Belle of the ball, ain't I? Surprising that I don't have more gentlemen callers, eh?

POLT = listening to "Who The Hell" by The Wiseguys

Toronto is like New York with all the crap scraped off. - Ed Feldman

No comments: