Sunday, October 26, 2008

A sign of the times and writings on the wall...

The last Thursday in August, Barack Obama accepted the Democratic Nomination. The next day, McCain picked Sarah Palin. The next day, I sent in the second half of Bushie's stimulus check, $300, to the Obama campaign as my second donation. When I did that, I was notified that I'd be getting an "Obama/Biden Election Starter Kit" or some such named thing.

September 15, I received an email from the campaign informing me that due to unexpected demand, they haven't sent it to me yet, but I'd be getting it really soon. Last Wednesday, October 22, it FINALLY arrived. Better late than never, eh?

I got a t-shirt (size XL cause they didn't offer it in MY size),



Five Obama buttons (I've already given away two of them),



An Obama magnetic bumper sticker (which I will NOT put on my car because it's only magnetic and can be easily removed and I wouldn't put it some idiots around here to yank it off just for spite),


And an Obama yard side. Living in an apartment made the yard side somewhat unusable. Thinking about it, though, I realized I have two pots out on the balcony that used to have flowers in them...like 8 years ago or so and now little more than breeding buckets for weeds. But the point is there is dirt inside them, which I could put the posts of the yard sign in. So that's what I did, and this was the result.


The only downside to it was that it couldn't be seen through the railing. So the next day, when I got home, I changed it so that the sign was outside the railing, and this was the result.



Still kinda difficult to see from the road or sidewalk, but the point is that at least its up and I'm showing Obama some love. I just wish to GOD I could find a sign like THIS one, cause it's go up right beside it!


POLT Listening to "Let Forever Be" by the Chemical Brothers

Unhand me or I will remove your hand myself. At the wrist. - Nemesis, Alpha Flight #9

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get the Geezer-Dingbat sign. I so want that one.

BTW, my total donations to the Obama campaign are at $400 so far. I just made another $100 donation this weekend.