Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Lost Weekend, Part 2...

So I get to Dave S.'s place, and get settled in the spare room. As memory serves, we started talking right away. Just like we were old friends, like we've known each other for years, no awkward pauses or anything. It was like that ALL weekend. Crazy, I know, but that's the way it was.

Dave S., his son and I walked to a local pizza joint to get some 'genuine' Columbus pizza. And it did indeed taste very Columbus-ey. After this we just kinda hung around the house, talking, while Dave S. grew more and more nervous. Although to be honest, he handled it very well, at least on the outside.

So at the appointed time we went to AXIS, the club where they were having the show. Rehearsal was at 7:00, and Dave S. had already checked if it was okay if I came along for that, as I was an out-of-towner. It was no problem. So we both went in the back door (no jokes please) and didn't have to pay to get in. The other models were milling about...some nice eye candy there...in addtion to Dave S., of course. So they were shown where to walk when, did their rehearsal, everything went fine. And I got to sit there and watch it all. I already had a few of the models picked out as my favorite hotties...in addition to Dave S. of course! One of the guys in charge, Ronn, came over and talked to me for a short period, asking where I was from and if I came all that way just for the show, which I admitted I did, cause in a way, that IS why. Not that I told him all about that. And the director, Art, kept stopping by to say things to me. He was just TOO witty and cracked me up with everything he said.

I watched the models take thier walks across the stage: two females and 6 males, not including Dave S. There was also a girl and a guy rehearing a dance routine, and that guy later rehearsed a dance with another guy. And the drag queen took the stage once quickly. And after seeing everyone that was going to be in the show, I think I can safely say that Dave S. was the only person on that stage never to have a cock in his mouth.

So after the rehearsal, it was off to hair and makeup for them. With Dave S., they did little to nothing with his hair, as it's already pretty cool looking. And they didn't use much makeup, although they did give him a heavy does of eyeliner. He'd come out periodically and stand and talk with me a bit before having to go backstage again for some reason. He was nervous, but handling it well.

The show was supposed to start at 9:00, but by 8:45, there were very few people there. I was kinda worried about it. They delayed the start of it until like 9:30, and by then, the place had filled out some more.

The show itself was great. The DJ kept fucking up and missing his cues, starting the music late, or playing the wrong song. But other than that it was great. The theme was that we're on a plane. They handed out these hilarious passenger instructions (which I've scanned and will post later). They even had a pair of airline seats on stage (photo of which to be posted shortly). the plane first went to Los Angeles, where we saw sunny weather clothes. Then we went to...I think maybe New Orleans, for....um Mardi Gras wear? (I missed a photo of Dave S. here, camera issues...but it was just a shirt and jeans) And then onto...um Miami? (Look I was paying attention to something more important than what the DJ was saying, okay?) And more jeans and tshirt appareal.

Oh wait, somewhere in there, the girl and guy came out and danced a pretty hot and sexy dance. Damn fine dancers they were, but I got no photos. I think that was in the New Orleans stop? Anyway, after Miami, we flew to London, where the drag queen (didn't get her name, but honestly, she wasn't all that great anyway) performed. Then I think we went to...oh hell I have no idea where we were, but the two guys danced together. And then after that we were in Venice, where the models all came out with masks (the shop that sponsored it Torso, specializes in masks as well) . Then I think maybe we were in Ibiza, cause that's where we did beachwear. Then the drag queen preformed again and then...THEN my friends, we were off to Greece...and the underwear show!!!!

Each model had like 6 changes of underwear! So I got to see Dave S. in 6 different pieces of underwear (and you better KNOW I got photos of each!) Got most of the other model in their different undies as well. When they came out, they were throwing small packages of t-shirts, wifebeaters and undies into the crowd. Dave S. threw one in my direction, but as I was taking his photo at the time, it sailed right passed me to someone behind me. I did later manage to get one that landed in front of my table. The kid in front of me, who already had like four things, grabbed this one, but he set it on my table instead of being a freebie-hog and keeping it. it was a pink tye-dyed wifebeater about the size of a dish towel. Obviously I left it with Dave S., cause it's never gonna be anything more to me than a dustrag. But I thought perhaps Dave S.'s daughter could wear it. Later found out, no she actually can't, but Dave S. can. (despite loving him to pieces, don't you just HATE him that he can wear clothes that his 16 year old daughter can't? Bastard)

And then the show was over. Oh, at some point, one of the sponsors, Scott I think, came out in a steward's uniform with a cart and threw packs of peanuts into the crowd as our inflight snack. Those I managed to catch...Polt's not getting worked up over a future dishrag, but get between me and my peanuts, and it's ON, bitches!

Anyway, post-show chaos on Friday night follows in Part 3.... (and the photos are coming later, don't worry, they'll be up!)

POLT Listening to "Shadow Of The Day" by Linkin Park

It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls don't have the time. - Tallulah Bankhead

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I think I can safely say that Dave S. was the only person on that stage never to have a cock in his mouth."

Funniest line EVER!

And while I want to say I hate Dave for his lack of girth, he seems like too nice a guy to hate.

Which makes me want to hate him more.