Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Lost Weekend, Part 6...

Monday morning, my last day there. I got up a bit after 9:00 that day. I had some toast again, and after the showering, we were on our way. We went to The Easton Towne Center. Dave S. showed me, proudly, his local Apple Store. We walked around the little village/shopping center. Dave S. apparently has taken a recent liking to tea, so we stopped at a tea store, and he bought a square tea-pot, and some tea. They had some samples there, and the stuff I tasted was WAY tasty.

We went to Barnes & Noble which and was only in there about a half hour, which considering it was a bookstore is quite a surprise we were there that shortly. Even more surprising, I didn't buy anything. Dave S. did get a few magazines, and I helped him pick out somethings for his son (he's new into D&D).

Following this, we went to The Cheesecake Factory and had an absolutely delicious meal. During this, we of course talked and I revealed perhaps a bit too much history of my sexlife, but he did after all continue to ask questions, so I guess he was intrigued. In his defense though, I did tell him that he was "very ignorant in the ways of the gay".

After this, we returned to his place and I piddled around a bit packing everything up and then, after a sad and reluctant goodbye, I left. Sad that it was over, but very very happy to have had the experience.

Oh, and then, two hours from home, on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I stopped at a rest stop to get a slice of pizza and when I came back out, my car wouldn't start. UGH. I called the AAA, they sent some guy who jumped it, and I made it safely home. Took the car to the local mechanic today, they tested and said there's nothing wrong with it, to just keep an eye on it. So what could have been a really really bad end to the trip was just a minor inconvenience. And it was just a bad footnote on an otherwise beautiful long weekend vacation!

Still working on getting the photos posted. (oh and the one video as well). Will have those up as soon as I can get them up, but I took 118 total, so bear with me.

But as I close, I want to once more thank Dave S. and his family, for an absolutely wonderful time! And if I can ever return the favor, Dave S., do not hesitate to ask. Although, you mighta give me a few months notice, so I can get the apartment cleaned up in time.

POLT Listening to "Countdown With Keith Olbermann"

Mitt Romney is rich, desperate, and lashing out like a drunken fratboy. -Jan.14, 2008

3 comments:

hoteltuesday said...

Sounds like a great time. Is Dave S a mac genius?! He should fix mine.

This makes me think we should have an Argyle Lounge get together... or cruise or something. Haha.

Bunny said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Having perused the recently posted pictures, I have one thing to say: Dave S is old enough to have teenagers????? What, did he start procreating when still a child himself? Seriously, I bet his daughter's teenage friends think he's the hottest dad they know!

Polt said...

Bunny: Dave S. is incredibly 40 years old. Amazing, isnt' it? To be 40 years old and have a body that's puts 20 year olds to shame! And I know he's the hottest dad I know! :)

HUGS...