Tuesday, October 07, 2008

An utterance, don't mince words (Part 116)...

TMI Tuesdays
We had the 7 Sins version before, now we have the 7 Virtues questions. I don't think this one will be as much fun, as I much prefer the Vices to the Virtues, but I'll soldier on nonetheless.

1. Prudence: When do you feel it is most important to exercise prudence? When is it acceptable to throw practicality out the window? I'm not, honestly, a very prudent person. I'm pretty much a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type of guy. I suppose prudence is a good thing like when you're talking to the police, or to your boss, or something like that. But generally, I just go with the flow, and I'll deal with the consequenses later.
2. Justice: Is a sense of justice really a virtue, or is only a tool that allows us to pass judgment on others without feeling guilty? What do you feel is the greatest injustice facing the world today? The greatest INjustice is the obscene and growing disparity between the haves and the have nots. And being just has more to do than just pass judgement, it's also there to aid those who have had injustices done to them. To even the scales, as it were?
3. Temperance: All things in moderation. Should we allow ourselves a few excesses? How well do you restrain yourself when faced with your deepest desires? I see nothing wrong with a few excesses, just so long as the excesses are few in numbers and occurances, and they don't harm anyone. I'm fat cause, obviously, I overeat. I should do less of that. And it's hurting me through diabetes. SO in that case the excess is a bad thing. Also, I masturbate every day, more than once frequently. That's an excess. however, I don't do it until I injure myself (!), or do it instead of other activities or to the exclusion of other things. So in that case, the excess isn't an issue.
4. Courage/Fortitude: How well do you confront fear and uncertainty, or intimidation? Does facing the little things make you as brave as facing the big things? Lord, these questions certainly are different from what I usually expect. I think facing the little things prepares you for the big things, when they occur.
5. Faith: Is it important to have faith? How steadfast are you in your core beliefs? Do your core beliefs equate to faith in something? What are my core beliefs...try not to hurt anyone, try to do good things, help others. I try to stick to them as much as I can. I don't know that I have faith in them though.
6. Hope: Does having hope for the future help you deal with the present? How good are you at finding the good in the bad? What is the thing you hope for most? Hope springs eternal, and that's a very important thing to me. Even if things suck big stinky hairy donkey dicks right now, I have hope that things will improve. And yes, it helps me deal with now. I always try to find the good in anything...giving into the bad is just depressing. What I hope for the most is good health for myself, and a long life for my mother.
7. Love/Charity: How easy is it for you to give selfless, unconditional, and voluntary loving-kindness? How easy is it for you to receive selfless, unconditional, and voluntary loving-kindness? I give my heart too easily and early. but the problem is I tend to grow bored and lose interest, thus hurting the other person. I can recieve the kind of love mentioned, but again, if it grow boring, then I lose all interest. Never a good thing.

POLT Listening to "I Don't Like Mondays" by The Boomtown Rats

There are easier ways of getting my attention besides decapitating my employees. You could have called. - Sabbac, The Outsiders #6

No comments: