Thursday, October 29, 2009

got that comin', my sweet, and even more tricks and treats...

So tonight is Trick Or Treat in my town. Yeah, on Thursday, when Halloween falls on Saturday, I know. But it's been this way since I was but a wee Polt myself, dressing up as ghosts and cowboys and whatnot, they always have Trick Or Treat the Thurday before Halloween. Which really sucks when Halloween falls on a Wednesday. Then, you've got all your candy already eaten before kids in normal towns even finish getting thier costumes together.

I don't hand out candy. Well I didn't in the apartment, cause I lived in an apartment, and on the third floor no less. But even so, I don't like handing it out, cause I'm always afraid I'm going to run out in the middle of a group of kids. Like 6 kids show up, but I've only got 4 pieces of candy left. How would I decide? Would I deny them all? How many pieces of candy left is enough for me to just pack it in before I have to worry about that? All that stress is extra stress I do NOT need in my life.

POLT Listening to "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve

If you do a job bdaly enough, sometimes you don't get asked to do it again. - Calvin & Hobbes

6 comments:

Michelle M. said...

When you run out of candy, you turn out the light and pretend no one is home.

Anonymous said...

Yep, the unofficial sign is whether the light is on or off.

Thursdays? That's kinda strange.

Anonymous said...

I don't get the Thursday night thing. Don't be a poop, go get some candy.

john said...

Wet get about 150 kids a year. I buy a ton of candy and am a little stingy with the first groups (a few pieces, not just one) and as the night goes on I get more generous. The last kid or group gets the motherload because I don't want it hanging around the house.

hoteltuesday said...

So since you don't wanna disappoint those two kids, you don't get candy for ANY kids?! BOO!! You were one of those men that made me cry when I used to go trick-or-treating.

John: Umm... it can hang around my house :)

Anonymous said...

Tonight was Halloween here, and we did not have very many kids. I now have in my hands about 4 bags of butterfingers. I am going to have Gregor take it to work Monday, they can get fatter.