Thursday, October 01, 2009

Thank you, thank all you...

Now that the move is over, the apartment’s had the final walkthrough and I’m officially in MY house, I want to offer up some thanks. I know a number of these people never read the Palace, but I think since I talked about everything so much here, they are all deserving of notice.

-Sharon, my real estate agent, for helping me get the house.
-Christina and Jennifer, my mortgage agents, for helping me get financing.
-A Local Celebreity, Mr. David ParisPeking, for the use of his truck and his muscles helping me get crap moved down to the house.
-Ghostie, for helping me pack up comic books, move stuff down to the house, and clear out the yard sale stuff and stuff for trash after the move.
-My uncle Darryl, for the use of his pickup truck on many many occasions.
-Corey, for the use of his truck and the help he gave moving things down to the house and around at the house.
-Ryan, for the use of his truck and his help moving things.
-Michelle, for her book packing skills and support.
-Virginia, for her book packing skills, support, and for the metaphorical swift kick in the ass she gave me when I needed it most.
-My aunt Carolyn, for helping clean up the living and dining rooms at the house.
-All my other family, friends (in person and online), and co-workers who offered support and encouraging words during the trying, stressful time of the move.
-And last, but in no way least, Mama Polt. She who looked up some houses for me, went to look at houses with me, gave counsel, advise and support, cleaned nearly the entire house by herself, cleaned up a good portion of the apartment when it was empty, went with me to purchase items for the house, spent way too much time obsessing about blinds and curtains, and did so much more that I can’t even remember. Without her, there is no way I could ever be in the house now. And probably never would have been. She is truly a saint.


POLT Listening to "What's The Matter Here" by 10,000 Maniacs

We can't talk about values in America without valuing all Americans. - Melissa Etheridge

6 comments:

S said...

congrats on the new house! Ya got equity, kid!

Craig said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Tam said...

What a sweet post. You do have an amazing Mom. Hope you love your new space.

john said...

Your Mom is awesome! And she has a good son.

Good luck in your new home.

Michelle M. said...

I would like to rent Mama Polt. Do you ever lend her out?

Congrats on making it through the move!

Virginia Rose Kane said...

You have accomplished so much. Well done, my dear man!