Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's a brand new day, it's brand new way, yeah...

Last night, I did a load of laundry. It was only a regular load: some shirts, underwear, socks, two pairs of jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. I took them out and put them in the dryer. When I went to get them out...they were still damp. So I had to put them back in again. The washer and dryer both are rather old. So I did a little math:

Old washer & dryer + $8,000 first time home owner rebater check + a trip to Lowe's = brand spanking new washer and dryer!

They're being delivered Friday. And Lowe's will even take away the old ones. They cost just a smidge over $900, which kinda floored me when I thought about it later, laying out that kinda money at one time. But the new dryer will be much more electrical efficient. And the new washer is bigger, there's no way I could have washed my king sized bed sheets in the old one. And so, in the end, it's all gonna be worth it.

But now, seriously, I hope I'm done buying things for the house.

POLT Listening to "Dancing In The Streets" by Van Halen

If I never get another part because I chose to play a gay character in a gay movie, then fuck Holllywood. - Heath Ledger

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be very happy with the new set. We bought ours about two years ago and it's one of the best things, especially for the kids. Less water and electricity.

Though curious. Was your dryer broken? Sometimes if the external vent gets clogged it won't dry properly. Just make sure the vent isn't clogged with the new one.

Michelle M. said...

I didn't have a washer and dryer until I was thirty-something. It was (and is) heaven not to have to lug my clothes to a laundromat. So I am very excited for you and your new purchase. Money well spent, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

It never stops. That's home ownership.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy new toys! :)