Sunday, October 18, 2009

New York is where I'd rather stay, I get allerigic smelling hay....

Okay, quick update!

Had a Puntabulously FABulous night last night! Got to meet, live and in person, Craiggers, Jere, FDot, Sassy josh, Enrickyricardo, David, Chris D., and unexpectedly Kari. Even more unexpectedly, I actually had a HELLuva great time at a karoke bar! Never thought I'd say that. Then we ate a somewhat greasy spoonish diner, with Hispanic waiters and then went to a different bar/restaurant that had very hot Asian waiters! And surprisingly, my head did NOT explode at any point around these waiters!

I'll just do a stream of consciousness rundown of the day, and elaborate later: Damian on the train, "I like dick sex", "I know this island like the back of my hand", rain, first meal at...McDonalds, Times Square, photos with The Naked Cowboy, ironing (!) of clothes, trip to Dunkin Donuts, Billy Elliott sold out, walking in painted on footprints on the sidewalk, belting out "Gloria" and not a religious tune either, Craiggers in the beer/beef boxers, duet with Enrico singing Fleetwood Mac's Sara, talk of vaginas amongst a table full of queers...and I could put so much more, but I'll save details for the official post once I get home and write it up.

I just wanted to thank Dave S. for coming along, FDot for thinking to ask me to come up and make it a surprise, Enrickyricardo for coming up with the idea in the first place, and Jere, Craiggers, Sassy josh, Chris D., David, and Kari, and the ones I mentioned above, for just being exactly as I pictured them to be, and for each and every one of you being so awesome and funny and giving me, frankly, one of THE best Saturday nights of life. (one of the best non-Toronto Saturday nights, of course...but that should go without saying[I kid, I kid...sorta])

So, this afternoon, we're waiting on FDOT and hopefully Jere as well to make it here and we're all gonna just hang in the afternoon and check out some places on in the city...whilst dodging all the nasty raindrops. And me without an umbrella......

POLT Listening to the traffic outside his window

6 comments:

that's J-O-S-H said...

"one of THE best Saturday nights of life."

AWWWWWWWWW! That made my heart erupt! I feel da same way! I want another PuntaParty to happen tomorrow!

stratcat45 said...

I so LOVE NYC - I'm so jealous that you're there and I'm here....

Jere Keys said...

Sorry to have spent all day Sunday dragging you (to hell) from one end of the city to the other then getting us lost in the dark parts of Central Park. Glad you came to visit.

Tam said...

I'm so jealous. Glad you had such a fin time.

Michelle M. said...

I'm with Tam - I'm glad you all took photos : ).

Anonymous said...

OK...waiting for the official post :)