Monday, October 26, 2009

I live in a nice house, ah, i never do dance...

So, I've lived in the house now for four weeks, and I'm still getting used to the place. I know where my iPod is, it's fully charged, I just can't yet find my earpods. They're in some box somewhere that I haven't found yet. I think I might just go buy another pair, I mean, they're relatively cheap, right?

Also, last night, I finally, for the first time, used the stove. Yeah, that's how much I cook. Seriously, if it doesn't involve a microwave, I really can't cook it. And last night, I only used the stove top, not the oven itself. I made myself a cup of tea.

And this past Saturday, I got a nice addition to the house. I came home from work and found this sitting in my living room!


A few weeks ago, Mom called me at work on a Saturday and the conversation went kinda like this:

Mama Polt: Polt, do you want a recliner?
Polt: What? No, I need one.
Mama Polt: Yeah, but do you want one?
Polt: You gave me the reclining loveseat you didn't want. I don't need another recliner.
Mama Polt: I'm up here at Colony House Furniture and they're having a buy one get one free sale, and I'm getting a recliner and I wanted to know if you wanted the free one.
Polt: Oh yeah, I'll take it.

Pfft, like I'm gonna turn down a brand new free recliner. And luckily, I had just enough room left over in the living room for it. Well, it's actually bigger than I thought it was gonna be, but it still fit.

Later today, mom and I are going shopping for house things I need to get yet: a vacuum cleaner, a stand for beside the sofa, a small stand for in the bathroom, some curtain for the basement windows, that sorta thing. I hope I get all the stuff soon, cause I really wanna quit spending all this money on new stuff for the house.

POLT Listening to the themesong from Green Acres

I think it's important to bring somebody from outside the system, the judicial system, somebody that hasn't been on the bench and, therefore, there's not a lot of opinions for people to look at. - George W. Bush

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Mama Polt is awesome.