Sunday, October 04, 2009

It's a gas, gas, gas...

Earlier this afternoon, mom came over. We rearranged the dining room a bit, moved the furniture around in the living room. Discovered my vacuum is broken and I need to get a new one, and talked about all the things we're gonna attempt to get done tomorrow.

Mom also had...well, really bad gas. Brought tears to my eyes. Then she to use the bathroom. And, God bless her, she clogged the toilet.

I lived in my apartment for 12 years and can only remember clogging the toilet once in that whole time. I've not lived in the place 12 days yet and she already clogged it. I didn't have a plunger, so while I went down to change some laundry from the washer to the dryer, she went to her house and got a plunger. She easily fixed it. And we laughed. It always ends up with laughter when Mama Polt's around.

POLT Listening to the Cowboys-Broncos football game

What a wonderfully wicked life you lead, you boys. You boys. - Oscar Wilde, Wilde

No comments: