Friday, October 23, 2009

Polt And Dave S.'s Excellent Adventure....

Okay, you've all read about the Puntabumeeting Saturday night. But that was just from 6:00pm until roughly 12:30 or 1am. That's jut barely 6 hours of the 46 hours Dave S. and I spent in, to borrow a phrase, Nueva Nueva. Here's the rest of that, and in fact, our whole weekend.

Dave S. arrived in Waynesboro about 9:30 in the evening I think. He had intended on being here earlier than that, but he left Ohio later than planned and then had to deal with rain and construction. Nonetheless when he got here, it was just like we'd never been apart, even though I hadn't seen him for a year.

As an interesting aside, last October, I went to Ohio to hang with Dave S. for the weekend, and that wash just happened to be over the 17th...which just so happens to be the exact same time of October when Dave S. was here! Irony, eh?

So, he got here, we had pizza, sat around and talked and then went to bed. I've owned the place only 6 weeks and already I've had a guest sleeping the guest bed. Unfortunately, I've not yet had a guest in the Master bed, but I'm working on that.

So Friday Dave S. and I were off to Wal-Mart (don't judge! It's not like we have a whole lot of choice here in Waynesboro), because Dave only owned two pairs of socks (I do NOT kid!) and he left them at home, so he needed more. Then I gave him a tour of Waynesboro, which took all of three minutes. No, it actually took about 15 minutes, but there was traffic. After the tour, we went to Mama Polt's and she had a lunch all prepared for us: ham, sweet potatos and green beans. Yummers. I gave Dave a tour of the house. He met Angel. And then we came back to my house and hung out.

Dave S.saw my collection of Torchwood novels, was totally envious of them, and wanted to buy one. So we drove to Hagerstown to Borders and spent some time and money there. Then I gave him a tour of work, and we tried to get something to eat. The place I picked out though was having their 1st Annivesary celebration, so they were resevation only, which we didn't have. Therefore, we went to El Paso and had awesome Mexican food. Oh, and I forgot, before the meal we went shopping at a local mall and then Target. It's where we found Craiggers' argyle undies, argyle socks, argyle desk calendar, and the I [heart] beer (which honest to GOD we thought said 'I [heart] beef]). Then we found the dancing monkey wrapping paper and the purple bag to carry it in. And then we hung out at the house until it was bed time.

Saturday morning, we left the house about 7:00am. We had an easy safe drive to Harrisburg, where we had no problem finding parking (which cost us $53 total to park there!) and waited in the station for the train.

Amtrak is absolutely THE way to go to New York. It was reasonably priced, easy peasy to find your way around, and there was no dealing with traffic, parking, lights, construction, etc. Now that I know how easy it is, I hope to make more trips to NYC.

Okay, this is pre-NYC....further tales upcoming...

POLT Listening to "The Killing Moon" by Echo & The Bunnymen

How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectors and ambrosia, not hot dogs! - King Tut, Batman

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'm going to NYC it makes sense to take the train. Same with DC. The station here in Providence is 1.2 miles from the house. I can walk there in about 25 minutes.

And it'll get more interesting circa 2015 when the first new streetcar line in Providence is completed.

Allegedly one streetcar line will run right down the street on which my street intersects.

Tam said...

We took the train last time, it was easy but too long from here. Maybe next time I'd drive closer to NYC.

I'm so jealous that Dave got to meet Mama Polt. :-)

that's J-O-S-H said...

You have to make more tripz to Nueva Nueva! Next time we should all go to a slutty dance club and make even BIGGER jackazzez out of ourselvez.