Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Polt and Dave S.'s Excellent Adventure (Part 5) aka The Final Installment

The Photos:
(you can see Puntabumeeting photos here)


Yours truly, waiting to board the train in Harrisburg.


The wonder twins on the train towards NYC.


Our first meal on Mahattan. Yeah, we're cuisine gods.


Times Square, during the day.


The Naked Cowboy. The only photo I got of him with my camera.



So, when I stood upright at the sink, this was my view. Obviously, this room was designed for those of shorter stature. Course, that IS my rockin' new Superman t-shirt in the mirror, so it's all good.


The view out our window. Hey, it was $250 a night total, we weren't paying for a view.


Down on the street is the theater showing Billy Elliot: The Musical, that we tried to see Sunday afternoon, but it was all sold out.


More of the view from the window. Between the buildings you can see Times Square, that's how close we were.


The bed, which they claimed was a Queen size, but I doubt it. It seemed so small, which you'd think would have been a good thing, but surprisingly, I don't think Dave S. and I so much as touched feet during the nights. And yeah, I was disappointed too.


Our hotel, the Milford Plaza. Our room was on the 12th floor at the back of the building, which you can't see from where I'm standing.


Art deco-ish design in the elevators. Which were pretty cool, actually (the elevators, not the design). They had like 8 elevators, and you'd punch in the floor you were going to on a keyboard and then it would tell you which elevator to take. And you'd go directly to your floor! No stopping at multiple floors! And everytime, you basically had the elevator to yourself too. Sweet deal.


The lobby, and my leg. I was waiting for Jere and FDot.


They got me down to Christopher Street where I got a shot of the Stonewall Inn, where the gay rights movement began.


These statues sit in a park directly across from the Stonewall Inn.


Somewhere around 14th Street, I think, looking north to the Empire State Building.


Washington Square, which I've seen in tons of movies and photos.


Jere and FDot at the founatin in Washington Square.


The Flatiron Building, which most people know from THIS view. Typical of me to get a photo of it from behind.


Again the top of the Empire State Building.


Rockefeller Center ice skating rink.


A pretty cute ice skater.


The Countdown With Keith Olbermann studio, from the outside. Kinda like my political Mecca. And I think that's the Today set on the first floor.


Rockefeller Center from near the building's base.


Rockefeller Center looking rather phallic, from 5th Avenue.


My feet in the actual grass of Central Park.


Bethesda Fountain, I know it from several movies and TV shows.


Bethesada Foundtain again. Jere And FDot led Dave S. and I here, in Central Park, right before it started to get dark.


FDot, Dave S., and I ate at this awesome Italian restaurant, who's name I don't know. This is my homemade cheese tortellinim which was flatly delisicious.


FDot smilint during the meal.


The red steps in Times Square at night. You can see Dave S. and FDot ascending them if you look closely.


Times Square at night.


On the red steps looking down at them.


One more view from the room, of the impressive buildings.


Walking back from Dunkin Donuts, Monday morning, the sun started to peek through between some buildings. I thought it looked inspiring, so I grabbed a quick photo.


Me with the view behind me. Not, the stubble, I didn't shave the entire time in NYC.


Walking to Penn Station, got this great shot of the Empire State Building. It's actually the best shot I got of it the whole trip.


The chaos that is Penn Station.


The view from my seat on the train.


Dave S. on Grindr on his iPod...and I can't seem to locate the photo of *sigh* Damian that he sent to me though, damn. Anyways, this is what he spent the majority of the time doing on the train. And showing me the hot guy photos as well.


And finally, a stubblier, sadder Polt almost to Harrisburg on the train, the incredible weekend nearly over with.

POLT Listening to "Stop Whispering' By Radiohead

"I'm not going to marry." "How will you have children?" "I'll buy them." - Sebastian, Shakespear's Sonnets

6 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Neat shirt! Thanks for sharing the trip with us.

Now I want french fries.

13messages said...

I loved all of these photos. You're a very cool dude.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a very good time.

Keyron and I are going to try to get to NYC next gay pride. I've done Providence, Boston but never NYC.

hoteltuesday said...

That food looks good!!

And I mean the McDonalds, not the Italian food.
Just kidding. They both look yummy.

dave491 said...

You photograph so damn well! :) I still have yet to sift through all the shots, believe it or not. :P And I likely won't do a blog post about the NYC trip due to the overwhelming amount of work I've had to catch up on since being out of the office. :( I'll post them all on facebook though this week!

I had an amazing time with the perfect travel companion. You're the best, Polt, and I mean that with all my gushy heart. You made the time there awesome.

Meeting the Puntabugang was absolutely amazing. We *so* have to go back soon !!! But when it's warmer. LOL

And thanks for taking care of me Sunday morning with my migraine and vomiting. :P Ew.